PDA

View Full Version : It's only me,

Maarten
01-28-2018, 08:43 AM
Hi my name is Maarten and i am from the Netherlands.

I signed up because there are some mebers here i used to know and lost track off over time ....... its good to see there still around .359

The only game i play when i have the time is Silent Hunter on the PC
(because i love anything U BOOT ) so no board games.

But i 'am an avid modelbuilder,i like scratch and kit building 99 % subjects are German WW2 Bunkers ,armour and anything else German...... oh yes ,and il like M4 Sherman tanks,
And books on all the subjects above .

If you have questions ask awy

Kind regards.
Maarten

Whiterook
01-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Hello, my friend...thank you so much for joining up here, and I am very excited to see your work. I've missed talking with you, and learning from your work! Welcome aboard!!!

Geek44
02-01-2018, 04:45 AM
Hiya Maarten. I think I remember your bunker builds from another forum. Glad to have you aboard mate.

Frank
02-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Hi Maarten. Welcome to the site. I think I have seen your work as well, possibly ACG or WW2 zone?.

Maarten
02-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Thanks guys ,
yes that's me ............some knew me as Piet but these days i use my real name. ;)

Whiterook
02-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys ,
yes that's me ............some knew me as Piet but these days i use my real name. ;)

....I forgot about ACG....yes, indeed that seems like ages ago, I was over there a little while ago and it looked totally different in the modeling area from what I remember from when I haunted there, but maybe that's just my not remembering it right? I was thinking, there used to be a lot more modeling action there.

Geek44
02-02-2018, 07:54 AM
I won a group build over at ACG once with a model that I don't really think is much chop these days...that's how long ago it was.

Whiterook
02-02-2018, 06:07 PM
I won a group build over at ACG once with a model that I don't really think is much chop these days...that's how long ago it was.

I miss the Group Build concept....though, I didn't like ACG's version as much as WWIIZone, mainly because ACG as I remember was one large thread where everyone posted their builds? I really can't remember. Personally, I like each modeler having their own thread. But to digress, I thought thee Group Builds mainly, because they kept me motivated towards a finish goal. I would love to see that here, but we need a much larger cadre of modelers than we currently have. I tried dragging some over from facebook, but the majority of these folks seem to me, to just want to troll social media style content, unfortunately.