PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow wargamers!!

Shiggy
03-06-2018, 04:13 AM
Just thought I would introduce myself, my names Steve, I live in Perth Western Australia, don't hold that against me.:D

I love Wargaming, I have a lot of 15mm models, which i play with, Bolt Action, and FOW, also a heap of board games, from Zombicide, to alot of DVG, and lock n Load games. I love it all.
I have served in the Australian military years ago, yes I am old fart. LOL. This is where my interests in Wargmaing came from.

Being an old bugger, and slightly disabled, I play mostly solo, and I make games play around that. I also have to read rule books at least ten times, before the rules become clear. :)

Hence the forums are going to help me a lot I hope. Listening to the Rolling Stones and playing Vietnam era games, whether it be 15mm miniatures or board gaming, is my best times.

Any way thanks

i might hear from you around the forums..LOL

Frank
03-06-2018, 06:16 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. I play BA and FOW myself.

As a fellow old bugger I know exactly what you mean about reading rules no end of times, I usually read the rules and go "huh?", play the game and go "what?", reread the rules and hope for that "oohh yeah" moment.

Frank

josta59
03-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Welcome, Shiggy! Enjoy.

Frizzenspark
03-09-2018, 10:58 AM
This Forum is heavily populated with "Ols Buggers" I am a "WWIII Veteran", being forced to invest in Team Yankee since they have my M-60 tank....

Whiterook
03-10-2018, 02:48 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Yes, the fellas said it right....we are mostly old buggers here, but that just makes this forum all the wiser!

I have the same issues with reading rules over and over, and still over again! I've read the Lock 'N Load Beta Rules, and Advance Squad Leader Starter Kit #1 rules probably a half dozen times over the past few months, and each pass through adds new stuff tot he cranium! There's a school of thought out there that you should read a rulebook once through, and then play with opponents to figure it out. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of wargamers around me that like the games I do, except for full ASL. Luckily, I can find some live players online with Duncan's AHIKS, and VASSAL....it's just finding time to do it, LOL :D

I think you'll find a lot to like here at the DropZone. I'm one of the more knowledgeable LNLP guys on here...but the other members here run the gamut in other systems, where I rely heavily on them to share their knowledge and advice.

I am just now getting into Team Yankee, as well....Frizz is totally to blame for that! :p

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance! ....and always great to talk game.

50th
03-13-2018, 07:23 AM
Welcome Shiggy, I'm also a disabled old bugger, who plays Tide of Iron, Memoir 44, and Axis and Allies board games. I've been meaning to post some of my help sheets for those games to this new site (since we moved) and hope to get around to it this week or weekend. I have the same problem of changing games, and having to re-read the rules. So I came up with help sheets that show the stats of each unit, and effects of terrain.