PDA

View Full Version : Rule books for Tide of Iron

50th
03-14-2018, 11:52 AM
When I got my TOI (Tide of Iron) base game in had one book and came in a large "coffin" box (rectangular). Another company took it over and changed things a little and fit it into a smaller square box. One of the changes made was to split the rule book into three books. This made it easier to get into the game as a new player. Here are the three books"
The first book is the "Rules Web"

The second book is the "Tools of War Web"

And the third book is the "Introductory Scenarios"

Whiterook
03-14-2018, 09:08 PM
WOW, I didn't know they changed the box and rules....I still have the old 'coffin box', and dang that sucker is heavy! Barely fit in my suitcase when I got it at Origins Game Expo back around 2007 or 08!!!

Interesting take on the three-book-spilt making it easier entry for new players...I'll have to check that out.

50th
03-15-2018, 12:10 AM
I know how big that box is, it almost takes up the whole width of the gaming shelf it sits on! I have to tilt it to get it out of there and that is hard because of the weight. But I turned the box inserts inside out and use them to break the box into three sections:

I then went to the dollar store and bought some smaller containers and to Walmart for the small tackle box. I printed out stickers from BGG and it works well.

Whiterook
03-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Nice storage solution on that!!! Always great to see folks post this kind of stuff, and how they purchased it. I am always trying to think outside of the box. *no pun intended*