PDA

View Full Version : New scenario in progress, "Bloody Gulch"

50th
06-10-2018, 12:02 AM
Bloody Gulch was a battle just South of Carentan between two airborne units. It was the American 101st Airborne Division against the German 6th Fallshirmjaeger Regiment. This battle was pictured in the mini-series "Band of Brothers". I once did a poll on the Tide of Iron facebook page on what expansion everyone would like to see a new scenario on, and Normandy won. So here is my new Normandy scenario I am working on. This picture is at the end of the first round.

I hope to be done with it soon, and when I am, I will upload it here first. I just need to do a little more tweeking to make it a little more even.

50th
06-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Well, after four play throughs, I am finished with the scenario. Most of the time, I won when playing as Allies. But I did win once while playing the Germans. I added the leadership decks from the Normandy expansion, and that seemed to make some difference. So here is the scenario so that you can try it out yourself.

I might attach more photo's of last night's play later. I tried to make it as close to maps of the area and descriptions of the battle as possible.

Whiterook
06-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Funny you should pick this battle....I wrote one for Lock ‘N Load Tactics, too! It’s with them for possible print at some point.

I like what you’ve done with this. I always enjoy seeing how others interpret a like subject.

50th
06-27-2018, 05:41 PM
I posted it on Boardgamegeek too and got a "thank you" from someone! It's been downloaded 14 times from that site already. I think there is a growing interest in TOI and M44 out there. M44 has a hugh presence on Facebook. (TOI has a smaller presence, but it's there too).

Whiterook
06-27-2018, 06:27 PM
I’ve been seeing a lot of M44 interest out there, as well. Boardgaming in general, has been steadily rising....makes sense some of these generalists are branching into wargaming. M44 is a great crossover system.