PDA

View Full Version : Just joined. Pespo

Pespo
06-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Greetings. Just joined. Am slowly investing in M44. Spent some time years back in the USArmy. Did not see combat. Reading and re-reading rules seems a theme... definitely includes me. I playing the rules once or twice and then like customizing. Am looking for ways to customize M44 and solo variants. BTW: have yet to play Fields of Fire; still looking at those rules.

Whiterook
06-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

M44 is such a great game. I’ve played quite a lot of scenarios and had slipped away into other systems over the past few years; and watching what Ron (50th) has done with the system, and talking about the stuff that came out after I stopped buying, really made me start paying attention again and picking up some things to add to the already good sized collection. I’m glad to see another player on the forum, and I know you and Ron will have plenty to talk about!

Yes....re-reading rules.....you probably had noted a thread in which that subject is one that I struggle with. I go from system to system, and I guess my over-worked brain just has issues, haha.

Have you checked out Tide of Iron at all? To many, it’s got a lot of similarities to M44.

Enjoy the site and please do not hesitate to ask any questions on site mechanics or any issues. Thank you for posting in the Introductions area!!! Sorry it took me a bit to get to your post to approve it (I’d been on business travel a lot lately).

50th
06-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Greetings. Just joined. Am slowly investing in M44. Spent some time years back in the USArmy. Did not see combat. Reading and re-reading rules seems a theme... definitely includes me. I playing the rules once or twice and then like customizing. Am looking for ways to customize M44 and solo variants. BTW: have yet to play Fields of Fire; still looking at those rules.

HI Pepso, I am Ron, AKA 50th, AKA Rongammer on BGG. I have uploaded TONS of content on BGG, (and a growing list here) on both M44 and Tide of Iron. I love both games, but I am beginning to like the fact that in TOI I can order all of my units in a round (TOI for what most people call a turn). But I have written over 60 scenarios for M44 and some of those have made it into the Memoir 44 Strategy Guide. I have written at least 15 scenarios for TOI and two of those used to be on the companies webpage for download. Check out both sections here, M44 and Tide of Iron. If you have any questions, just ask. You've come to the right place!

Frank
06-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Hi Pespo.

Welcome to the forum. As others have said, you will find like minded gamers here.

Duncan
06-15-2018, 07:06 PM
Welcome aboard.
Fields of Fire sits on my shelf - teasing me.