PDA

View Full Version : Whiterook's in the House!

Whiterook
11-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone -

My name is Emery, and I am the Owner and Administrator of the Wargaming DropZone.

I started the DropZone in the Fall of 2017, as a successor and replacement to the Military Wargaming Forum. I did this simply, to move away from a simple Forum; and move into a Content Management System that allows not only the primary function to be a Forum, but also a place to Blog and publish Articles. Interestingly, this site has origins that date even further back! The first generation of this was a site called Tin Can General. What all had in common were, sites that concentrate on the great hobby of Wargaming, and community.

I started true wargaming back in the early 80's, though I'd been playing games in general back to the 60's. I wear the title 'Grognard' proudly! I play primarily hex & counter, board wargames...but am also an avid miniatures gamer. My primary focus is World War II...my interest in that era generates back to my father, who served in the Canadian Army in WWII (Normandy to Berlin). My interests in that war include watching movies, reading on the war, and even plastic model building.

I'm 57 as of this writing, and have a wide range of hobbies, the major including: Writing, wargame & scenario design, acoustic guitar playing, model railroading, and digital photograph. My degree is in Fine Art, and these days I focus primarily in colored pencil work; though my traditional media is oil painting on canvas. I have been an illustrator, sculpture teacher, and water colorist.

As for work, I am a few years off from retirement. I'm a G-man, getting close to 30-years.

I'm married to an amazing woman who supports all my hobbies, and tries her very best to keep me out of trouble!

My biggest wish is to bring you all place you can come and hang out, in a non-judgemental zone; a friendly community where you feel like family.

Thanks for joining the DropZone....enjoy and play nice! :)

MAGNA
11-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Hi,
If you are reading this then I got here too.

I'm still me and I'm younger than my mother.

Nice start to the site by the looks so away we go.....

Whiterook
11-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Hi,
If you are reading this then I got here too.

I'm still me and I'm younger than my mother.

Nice start to the site by the looks so away we go.....

Have MAGs....glad you're aboard and I look forward to hanging with you here!!! I'm moving some threads over from the old site and sprucing them up a bit, so feel free to check them out.

Welcome, and enjoy the new digs!

Geek44
12-07-2017, 07:39 AM
G'day Whitey and MAGNA. Trusting all's good way out West mate.

Houli
12-30-2017, 08:29 PM
How about that? Em's older'n me!

Whiterook
12-30-2017, 11:55 PM
How about that? Em's older'n me!

Haaha....only in numbers, mate! My wife still says I'm an 8-year old!

50th
12-31-2017, 12:14 AM
My name is Ron and I go by 50th because I got heavily into war gaming after a present I bought for myself for my 50th birthday, Memoir 44. I am 61 years old, and I also have a wonderful wife that will play some games (just not war games :-( ), but she knows the games I really like and allows my three other gamer friends to come over from time to time. I have a folding table in the second bedroom (which we named, the Game Room). I play board war games like Memoir 44, Axis and Allies Board Games, Axis and Allies miniatures, Quick War (a WWII game of my own design) and Tide of Iron. In fact, my wife bought me Tide of Iron for Valentines Day four years ago. I have many other hobbies, like computers, learning more about WWII (hence over 25 documentaries), and running my remote controlled Tiger tank. I got married six years ago (will be on Jan 21st), and instantly became grandpa Ron to eight wonderful grandkids. The youngest boy loves to come over to play my Xbox 360 with me. (yeah, this grandpa loves his Xbox games too).