Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes, apologies to Scott as I was hoping to give him ideas, not steal the tread. I think we have done that and should start a new thread on the present discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Yes, apologies to Scott as I was hoping to give him ideas, not steal the tread. I think we have done that and should start a new thread on the present discussion.
    Actually, no need for apologies, madman...in. My previous comment, I failed to note the game Scott played had concluded, so we were well within our common practice of post-game dialogue, which can include the very comments being discussed

...it is always a tough call, especially for moderators, where to draw a line between current topic and thee beginnings of a new topic. I lie you ride of starting a new thread on our explorations, however, as it will be easier for folks to find.

You participation is VERY much appreciated!!!
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    ....but, this does speak well towards what you’ve been developing with these miniature games you’ve wonderfully brought to us, in that you have a storyline based in a well defined and written story; campaign, if you will. It’s one of the things I like most about your gaming in this style, is each scenario impacts the future scenario on a level even greater than I’ve seen in a typical ‘Campaign’ set of scenarios; where in the norm, it only travels the course of maybe up to 5-10 scenarios at max.... your system could theoretically go on forever!! ...like real life and greater impacts on your little metal warriors!
    Sorry guys, don't know how I missed the last few posts here. Thanks for the kind words, Em. But I can't take credit. The main reason I was excited about using the Wars of Insurgency rules is that it's way more than just rules. A deep and satisfying campaign system is half the rule book, which you don't see with most rules. There's more focus on the campaign than on combat, which is pretty simple in comparison. All that detail you saw in my campaign came from Mike Demana, not me. I just gave silly names to things, and pretty bad ones at that, LOL.

I guess the one thing I can take credit for is converting it into a solo campaign system, but that was easy enough. I just rolled a die for which faction I'd be going up against next, and then I rolled for power levels, political schemes, etc. Another reason I chose these rules is because of the blinded activation order, which is perfect for solo gaming because I never knew which enemy team would activate next. Hopefully other solo gamers will find my reports and be inspired.
    Last edited by josta59; 07-19-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123