Thread: Down time

Down time

I had to pack my gaming table away for house walkthroughs, because we'll be selling our house soon and moving to Tennessee! If I play any games in the next few months, it will probably be the couple of board games I own.

I've been looking through the old scenarios in Avalon Hill's Firepower game, since it's the same scale as the minis and table I use and has fairly interesting scenarios. When I set up my table at my new house, I may play at least one Vietnam scenario, just imagining jungle growth rather than making it (I can't imagine anyone actually covering a 10mm table in jungle trees to scale). But that's an entire season from now, so I may get interested in something else by then.

I also plan to buy Nordic Weasel's book Not Just a Brush War, which looks like it might have some helpful scenario ideas for my minis.

Until then, my friends, I'll be taking some time off from miniatures gaming and just looking for inspiration. I'd love to see some interesting AARs here in the meantime.

Personally I would like to see a game table set up. But I understand. Be careful of those board games you may come to like them.

Actually I envy the way you work with your minis, from making your own rules and the different scenarios you create. You should use your downtime to these pursuits, but what am I talking about, I'm sure the wheels are already in motion.
    Last edited by Hagen; 04-19-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks for the feedback! Have no fear, come July, I plan to set up my gaming table in Tennessee and play through at least one Vietnam skirmish.

I've been thinking about ideas for new scenarios and scenario generators. I had a crazy idea a few days ago about a scenario generator thst uses just a deck of cards, and I put a lot of thought into it, but then I wasn't sure it was something I'd actually use. I appreciate your encouragement.

Well, I certainly agree with everything Mike said! ...I too, greatly admire your creativity in rules and scenario design and tweaking, and the application into actual game play. It’s something very special, to be able to do such things so please continue to search and expand on this in these endeavors!!!

I think I speak for many of us when I say, a break in action sometimes feeds the creativity machine in a way nothing else can. I’m not sure I can explain this but, there’s Something about clearing the buffers in the mind and rebooting afresh
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Totally agree. Thanks for the kind words!