Thread: Pet Sematary.

Super Moderator

Pet Sematary.

We have just seen the new version of the StephenKing novel and we really enjoyed it.

We both thought the original book was great and were a bit disappointed in the 80`s ? film but this one was how I would think King would have done it. A great, believable cast with John Lithgow, one of my favourite actors taking the part of the old neighbour.

Despite the 15 rating it did have some really chilling moments though quite a few of the scares were sudden shock ones.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Funny, I just noticed that was playing at the cinemas, and hadn't realized a re-make was made of the book/film. Thanks for the post....I'll have to see if this is one of Karen's features. Stephen King is an amazing writer...his mind is something!

While I'm not on the level of many super-fans, I've enjoyed his books, and the cinema versions of them. It's hard for me to pick a favorite. I would say, The Stand is probably the one televised feature (a mini-series) that has held my fascination the longest; but my all-time favorite would probably be Four Past Midnight (both book novella series and the ones on film), particularly The Langoliers.
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Super Moderator
    I have to say I have not been too impressed with most of the tv/cinema adaptions in the past, the original IT comes to mind, but the last couple, IT, part 1 and this have really been good, I liked The Mist as well. It was good rather than great but it did follow the book pretty well and the characters were pretty much as I imagined them to be.

The problem is that you read the book and you get your own sense of the characters and setting and some of the adaptions have been nearly unrecognisable.

I agree about The Langoliers though, a good creepy film.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor