Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One big thing I've adjusted fire on so far this year is, cleaning and organizing my model buidling workshop area. The bench is reclaimed from the mounds of junk piled on it from my dear wife (if I don't find a home for it, she does! ...good motivation, I guess ). Dusted the cobwebs out. Cleaned off the airbrush spray booth. And started a little work on an old, unfinished model (P-51D Mustang). Baby steps!

Got the acoustic guitar ready to go, and will try to start strumming again shortly.

I've felt more in-tune with my hobbies again...re-energized in many ways. That month-long furlough helped me re-ground myself in a big ways so, Thank You, President Trump!!!!! And speaking of...though stress and pressure have once again built to crazy levels at work, I am still maintaining the calm gained from that time off. I will do my best to sustain that!
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

I've been circling in strange turns of events where I'd discovered a very simple series of wargames by Tiny Battle Publishing -- Platoon Commander -- that is a very simplified version of Lock 'N Load's older, first edition of the World at War series. I realized during my first reading of the rules to PC's "Sticks & Stones" that, what I was looking at was essentially World at War simplified.

That led me to break out one of four World at War games owned and check out the difference, only to realize, I really want to get back into World at War modern warfare series.

But that then led me to the less complex WWII version of the system, which is the Nations at War series, and one of my Top 3 favorite games of all time, "White Star Rising". I'm not sure why I stopped playing it ....likely, a too busy life.

So this then led me to consider not only the re-tooled World at War system coming out, of which I pledged on Kick Starter a couple weeks back for the new re-tooled version due later this Summer; but, then also start re-purchasing the three, re-tooled Nations at War games. I owned White Star Rising, and Desert Heat, but never picked up Stalin's Triumph. I really pondered whether I wanted to plunk down more coin for games I already own, but it really came up to the superior re-design, as they are essentially, whole new offerings. I figure I can use the old versions at game shop play, or as Pay it Forward trades in facebook.

So as I said, running in circles to end up at a great place!!!

WOW, has over a year passed since my last entry!?! Let’s just say that in life in general, I feel like I just walked out of the jungle, realizing the war may be over, haha. I’ve made it through some really horrible experiences the past couple years, but I’m still standing! I’m probably stronger, and I have hit the re-set button on many things, with a stronger appreciate for life.

OK...so wargaming — Where I left off in the previous post is where I strangely find myself now: Lock ‘N Load Publishing’s Nations at War and World at War!

Recently, I went on a bit of a hunt and spending spree to fill out my World at War games, now owning the whole series. And yes, I did get the new re-tooled World at War ‘85 KickStarter offering... and it’s nice, but I was amazed to discover that I love the old series better!

And, I am back into Nations at War (The Original Series, 1st Edition), having played it again this past weekend as a June 6th Wargaming Fest. It’s exciting to be playing it again, and yes, it still in my top favorite games!

And yes, I am still working on becoming more skilled in Lock ‘N Load’s, ‘Heroes’ series; and also, Multiman Publishing’s, Advance Squad Leader Starter Kit series, primarily SK1 at this time.

The other interest of mine, on the back burner are several Compass Games offerings, as well as Dan Verrsen Games titles.

Oh, and I was thinking about what I mentioned yesterday, and those Games mentioned were all board games. I am still increasing my miniatures collections, and the systems I am mostly into at this time are: Team Yankee; TANKS! (WWII and Modern Age); and Flames of War 4th Edition.

...and I continue development of my Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1 miniatures games.

I think my miniatures collections are a bit out-of-control, actually ...I really have to work on what I have and figure out getting them into good storage solutions. There is a very good chance I’ll be downsizing in abode-space, if we downsize t a smaller home when I retire in 1-3/4ers years, so I may have to cull the herd! ...including some very old board wargames.

I started my first scenario with the 2nd Edition of White Star Rising, a Lock ‘N Load Publising, Nations at War game, and first original title of the series (there are two more box games and two minor expansions). So far, I am LOVING this nw re-tooled version. The maps alone were so worth the reinvestment...

It’s much more realistic topography, with real city names. They lay flat nicely, but I’ll probably use plexiglass over them, especially if played out of the home or with a face-to-face opponent.

OK, I cannot possibly stress this highly enough — I adore the Hell out of this game! I always have, ever since I first heard about it, saw pictures of the then-soon-to-be-released game, and finally snagging my own copy when it hit the shelves.

In truth, Panzergrenadier was the first game that got me into Platoon-level play, but WSR was the game that hooked me, line and sinker. I’ve used this phrase before, and I’ll use it again: It’s THAT good.

Lots of the same themes from the past year or two, where I’m kinda spinning in circles... the modeling workbench was assaulted by a mice invasion over the Fall/Winter 2019, and was cleaned, but left a lot of moved items from that effort; compounded by a pipe burst in the basement Man Cave ceiling, and more things moved and shifted.

I spent the Labor Day weekend cleaning, decluttering, and reorganizing and I have my art space back, my Mac monitor for VASSAL, and my entertainment system back up and running. And, the model workbench is functional and clean again, and has a kit on it to begin...researching build specifics. I need to clean the large shelf under the bench (same size as the top, so good storage!), and that’ll let me get a lot more organizing done still.

Guitar... trying to get my finger strength and Calluses back.

Feeling a little less spinny lately ...not spinning in circles anymore, so there’s that. I’ve been ticking off items in the Honey-do list, which has me a bit distracted from cleaning under the modeling bench, but I have been doing some research and thought into the next build, the Interstellar “Ranger”, and have started a Build thread on it here.

The cold weather is creeping in bit by bit, and Fall is tomorrow! That usually used to translate into more modeling time for me in the past. Looking to use that as motivator.

The good news in all this is, my head seems to be back in the game — I am feeling inspired by a few members here at the DropZone: In model building (Duncan); miniatures (Mike, Frank, Derek), wargaming (Mike, Duncan, and madman); and maybe even getting my own writing project (Scott) dusted off and back in the soup.

The guitar fell by the wayside a little... been experiencing back and leg pain for weeks and just not comfortable sitting with a guitar in my right leg.

Been in a bit of a funk for awhile. Burnout from several fronts is getting the better of me, but I am aware of it and therefore, actively trying to shake it all off.

Feeling more grounded still, and increasing on all fronts. Still in a funk... not the best circumstance, going into the Winter months soon on the horizon, to be in a funk, LOL. I am sure the pandemic is playing it’s role in things. I was supposed to be at a wargaming group collective today, but bailed due to the pandemic....I just cannot afford to let myself be an an environment where people may not be social distancing and taking necessary precautions, like wearing masks.

Sorry to hear, Em. Hope things get better. I'm hoping for a vaccine soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12