Thread: Used Game Haul

Used Game Haul

Used in name only....each one was unpunished, and Breakthrough: Cambria was still in the shrink wrap!!! $120 USD bought the lot from my good fiend, Chuck Tewksbury!

Name:  D4315A16-E3A9-4645-B1AD-C039AFE7D8D6.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  20.1 KB

Conflict of Heroes: Price of Honour (Academy Games)
    Battle Cry (Avalon Hill)
    Breakthrough Cambrai (MMP)
    Storm over Stalingrad (MMP)

Chuck just delivered them this morning in person!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I just do not understand how someone can buy a game and leave it in shrink! I have the box open before i even get back to my recliner, and thats only 5 paces from the spot the mailman drops it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    I just do not understand how someone can buy a game and leave it in shrink! I have the box open before i even get back to my recliner, and thats only 5 paces from the spot the mailman drops it.
    That’s FUNNY! I can picture you leaving plastic wrap on the floor as you walk, hahaha. and I can’t blame you!!! I’m the guy who wrote the thread on sniffing the fresh ink from the just-removed box top....and yes, I still do it!!! Makes Karen laugh every time.

I am actually a prime offender in the regards of having shrink on some games. For me, I think it’s because: I know I won’t get to the game just yet, and waiting allows me to double back on why I bought it and allow me to sell it “in-shrink”, which gets a higher price (though honestly, there’s little chance of that happening ).

One of the problems we (as obsessive game-buying Grogards) face these days is, by the time we get to cracking a game open to actually learn and play, the game itself sometimes comes out in a new, revised form! That happened with me on the Advanced Squad Leader game, “Gung Ho”, when MMP re-released it in “Rising Sun” (which combined another older PTO title into it). Guns Ho is still in shrink, and commands a higher price that way, but only when Rising Sun is sold out temporarily, hahaha.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.