Scenario book project

One of you suggested it years ago, and today I finally started writing a scenario book. I figure it's the one project I've had in mind that could actually make some side cash, so I should finally start on it. We'll see how far I get.

It's tricky providing something that will benefit many gamers but is also different from what they've seen before. I landed on urban combat, since it's something most of us do sometimes but isn't something people have focused on when making scenario books. So if I finish this thing, gamers from WWII to sci fi will have a book they can buy specifically for urban scenarios.

I plan to include a unique scenario generator at the end, if I can come up with one.

My working title is URBAN SCENARIOS FOR SKIRMISH WARGAMING, MODERN AND FUTURE: 12 UNIQUE SCENARIOS + SCENARIO GENERATOR.
    Last edited by josta59; 06-01-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Is this a generic book or specific to a system?

I have Neil Thomas' book and have used it a lot. It doesn't use buildings much, so it kind of inspired this project!

This will be generic. I'm trying to make it useful for whatever rules people might use.

Thanks, madman! That's helpful, since I'll need a lot of ideas for my twelve scenarios.

I might not include a zoo scenario, but you gave me a lot to think about.

I planned an airport game a couple of years ago but never played it. I think it's a great idea.

The only problem is that I want the 12 scenarios to be widely playable, and I've never seen an airport layout for skirmish wargaming. So that one might get tossed out in favor of scenarios gamers will be more likely to play.
    Last edited by josta59; 06-03-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Great ideas, and they can be done. The problem is terrain and scenery. I don't want to include scenarios that require players to buy a table full of props, runways, and airplanes they'll only use for one or two games. Because those scenarios probably won't be used.