Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I assume the deck of cards is just because you are playing solo. As written the player has the choice of which unit to attempt to activate and how often.
    The latest version of the rules includes a small section on using cards as an option. I prefer it, because I have enough to think about when playing these games. I prefer to let the cards choose the activations for me. It also provides a fun surprise.

Curious; Are the decks run as one for each side, so draw once for side A then once for side B repeat, or are they drawn from one pile so side A may get multiple attempts in a row?
    Just one pile. I think it's more fun and more realistic that way. You never know who will activate next.

Since a unit may attempt multiple activations until spent are the cards kept and drawn over until a unit is spent then it is removed or for simplicity each unit is only activated (or attempted to ) once? What about units "spearheading" an action where a player might make multiple repeated activation attempts especially concentrating on that unit or a few units as opposed to their entire force?
    I'm not 100% sure how it's going to work, since I haven't tried it yet. The above scenario is in flux right now, still under construction. In the pre-game ambush scenario, I only had one leader on each side to activate. So I rolled a die rather than trying to shuffle a two-card deck. Looking back, I'm not sure that was the right way to do it. It may have resulted in one side getting far too many activations.

The way I read the rules for this option, I think the cards are supposed to stay in the deck unless they are removed when a leader becomes exhausted. That way you could see some leaders activated more often than others, but not as randomly as using a die. I think it would be a little more fair than that.

Here's that whole section in the rules:

Random turns
    Groups preferring more chaos can achieve this quite easily. This can be done using dice or cards. With cards, assign a card to each leader, shuffle them together and then draw from the deck.

Whichever leader is drawn rolls to activate and if they become exhausted, remove the card from the deck.

If the leader activates successfully, their card is shuffled back into the deck.
    My biggest question right now is, just how often should the deck be shuffled? I'm still working on that solution. I'm not sure Ivan ever actually tried this, because his wording is a little vague. My solution right now is to have a discard pile (couldn't think of that word the other day!) so that each leader activates only once UNTIL the deck runs out, and then the deck is shuffled. It's shuffled again at the start of each turn.

Thanks for making me think about this again. It still hurts my head to think about it, so I think I'm just going to have to try it and see how it goes. You'll probably see the scenario rules change a bit before I play the game.

Thanks for your thoughtful questions!
    Last edited by josta59; 11-01-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Here's my diorama for game 1. Isn't that some juicy terrain for an assault? Based on a real place. I'm in heaven.

Name:  20191110_191638.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  90.8 KB

The white card on top right shows the power station's interior. You can see Snake and Rabbit wandering around in there.

Looking to see how this plays out and how to handle units moving in the open in LOS of the enemy. That was my issue. There is no provision for moving as above except by rushing. If the distance is too much (more than 6") you HAVE to rush but always end up pinned. So unless each leader takes a few guys who he can still unpin, well it looks bad.
    Hi, madman. We have another place in the forum for questions like that. It has nothing to do with this thread. I've posted my response at the following link. Feel free to carry on the discussion there.

http://www.wargamingdropzone.com/sho...=5351#post5351

Josta

Have you had a chance to play scenario 1 yet? If you have and are holding back on the AAR due to any issues please tell us. Thank you.

Hi, madman. Haven't played it yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123