Formula P3 Wet Palette

From Privateer Press, and sold at Miniature Market, this paint case preserves your paint by keeping it wet.

Name:  238E91AA-E72A-487D-98F8-2607DCE24FFB.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  14.2 KB

The Formula P3 Wet Palette drastically slows drying time to keep your colors liquid over extended painting sessions. Formula P3 paints, Hobby Brushes, and Wet Palette form a complete package and provide the ultimate painting experience. The Formula P3 Wet Palette includes one plastic palette case with palette sponge and one pad of palette paper.

Retails for about $20.

I’ve uses a similar product like this for my acrylic painting on model kits, but it doesn’t have an inner sponge. It uses sheets to put your paint upon, and the top seals snug enough that it keeps the paint moist for several days. The difference here is, this unit is for very wet acrylics, like Vallejo.

I’m not sure I would necessarily use (or need) one of these units for miniatures, but I can see the benefit of them.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Super Moderator
    I don`t think I would find much use for one of these though I can see that a lot of people would. I have always used a handmade Wet Palette made out of one of those plate and drink holder plate things you get for B-b-q`s and such with a hole four your thumb, a drinks holder and a shallow plate.

I just put a few sheets of wet toilet roll in the plate part and tape greaseproof paper over that, possibly not as good as the proper ones but it still keeps paint usable for a few hours.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I don`t think I would find much use for one of these though I can see that a lot of people would. I have always used a handmade Wet Palette made out of one of those plate and drink holder plate things you get for B-b-q`s and such with a hole four your thumb, a drinks holder and a shallow plate.

I just put a few sheets of wet toilet roll in the plate part and tape greaseproof paper over that, possibly not as good as the proper ones but it still keeps paint usable for a few hours.
    That's an excellent work-a-round, Frank... really, does the same thing. I always like thinking out of the box like that. Excellent!!! Snap a pic sometime and post up in the Tips & Help area here.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Super Moderator
    Em, you do remember who you are talking to don`t you?

I know all the neccessary incantations to make what I type magically appear on a screen in a country far away but making pictures appear takes a level of wizardry above mine.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor