Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    One of the things I *think* I’ve figured out is the numbering on the tanks, for 1st platoon , 2nd, etc. (e.g., 112, 212, etc.). I’m not sure how that worked between companies, battalions, etc.
    We had "Division 86" , a modernization policy which brought each tank platoon from five tanks to four; the removed tanks were used to create a "D" Company (each battalion had an A, B, C, D Company). There were two tanks in the Company HQ Section, 66 for the Commander 65 for the XO three platoons with 11, 12, 13, 14... 21, 22, 23, 24.... 31, 32, 33, 34. There was also an HHC (Headquarters, Headquarters Company) which had all the Battalion's support elements, supply, maintenance, Mortars, Scouts... etc. Within HHC, there was A Tank Section of two tanks, 66 and 65.

Name:  41huZtsDSNL._AC_SY400_MSAWEBPEXP_.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  19.7 KB

Something you might wish to consider adding to your force are some M-901 ITVs. The "TANKS" versions are the exact same as the Team Yankee ones; this set comes with parts to make a Vulcan VADS system as well (provided you have a spare M113 chassis.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12