Unboxing paper buildings

Hi all,

I made a video just for you, showing off my new (not yet assembled) N-scale buildings for my new campaign. Check out how tiny they are!

Here are my new buildings, assembled just a day after receiving them. I got the roof crooked on the first one I tried, but I learned from it.

Name:  20191016_182326.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  85.3 KB

I didn't glue the roofs on the buildings with flat roofs. Not only am I not sure how...but also, I realized that those are small enough to have single rooms, so I can just remove the roofs when figures are inside! I'll make interior staging cards for the larger buildings.

My one worry about these buildings is that they might look odd next to my nice, factory-painted plastic buildings.

And...yes, they do look odd. But I saved a lot of money. I've been trying to get more quality used buildings on eBay lately. Many of them start at very low prices, around $5. By the time the auction ends, it's at least $20. Still not bad, but instead I got five small buildings for only $12, including shipping. It's a trade-off, and I'm ok with it.

I have built some paper buildings for 6mm, its actually kind of fun.

WOW! WOW WOW WOW!!!! ....I can’t believe I missed this thread until now! Scott becomes our first video celebrity on the DropZone, and a very cool video it is! That was seriously, a lot of fun to watch! Thank you for doing that... I never thought of it! GREAT idea!

And yeah, I seem to remember the first times I heard of these paper buildings was from Mike and Frank. I think they are an awesome deal, and great accessories for the table. I noted you mention thy are a bit odd... I thought I’d share an experience of mine: I’d bought European farmhouses and a church from JR Miniatures back in the day...resin mold-produced, solid units. They were super funky scale-wise, where windows and stairs didn’t match Windows and doors, for instance. They were almost stylized, I guess you’d say. It kinda threw me at first, and I wasn’t sure I liked them. But then I started to think about some plastic model building accessories, like cockpit seatbelts...As I called it, *crafted close enough to give you the general idea*. I adopted that for the miniatures table and it really lightened me up on the subject. End of thee day, is your little soldier minis moving around or through a building? Hell, ya!

Great job Scott...on the buildings, and thee video!
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Another thing you can do with these is glue them to card, any will do, and you can make yards, driveways, hedges, walkways, what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Another thing you can do with these is glue them to card, any will do, and you can make yards, driveways, hedges, walkways, what have you.

That’s a great suggestion! I imagine it’d really form them up, and increase longevity.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    That’s a great suggestion! I imagine it’d really form them up, and increase longevity.
    Yes it does Em, makes them easier to setup and keep in place, also protects the building.