Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Turn 4, Draw 2, End Turn Marker; Draw 3, 1st Tank

Well, the Soviet Horde will try and close the vice.

Housekeeping Phase: Remove Ops Complete Markers.

Command Check: All units in Command; except for the Disrupted T-72 platoon in Bergengiphel N6, which rolls and fails, so i remains OOC.

Rally Phase: The Disrupted T-72 platoon in Bergengiphel N6 would have Rallied, but the OOC +1drm created a failed attempt by that 1! Th Disrupted T-72 and one Reduced platoons that retreated into R5 from the previous American assault both Rally!!! Lastly, the Disrupted and Reduced platoon on Hill S7 fails Rally and remains disrupted.

Operations Phase:

The HQ decides not to call in one of the two remaining HE fire missions, due to the adjacency-proximity of friendly forces. No “Americanski Broken Arrow” will be called, putting our brave Comrades in danger.

— T-72 platoon with HQ in S4, Assault the M113 in Eisenbach S5 for 3 Hits; American 113 rolls no save and Retreats to S6, Disrupted and Reduced. Soviets roll into Eisenbach hex S6 and assume Control of that edge of the city.

— Fire (Reduced Range -1 To Hit) Soviet T-72 platoon on Hill hex S7 at Reduced American Abrams and HQ in Hill hex U7. Three hits! The Reduced Abrams platoon rolled three 6’s!!! Save.

— Fire (Reduced Range -1 To Hit) the Reduced Soviet T-72 platoon in hex R5 at Reduced American Abrams and HQ in Hill hex U7 (Defensive Bonus +1 die). One hits. The Reduced Abrams platoon rolled one more 6’s to Save it’s bacon!!! Save, Again!

— Fire (Reduced Range -1 To Hit) the full strength Soviet T-72 platoon in hex R5 at Reduced American Abrams and HQ in Hill hex U7 (Defensive Bonus +1 die). Four hits! The Reduced Abrams platoon rolled No Saves, so it’s luck runs out. Abrams platoon and HQ eliminated.

— The American ITV is Ops Complete so, it cannot take action on... The two Soviet T-72 platoons in Woods hex T3 rumble through Eisenbach, straight for the poor American M113 APC on hex S6. Soviets get 44 Hits; Americans defend with no hits; M113 KIA’d. Soviets Control Eisenbach hexes T4 and T5.

End of 1st Tank draw

The Americans are down to an ITV, and is pretty much hopeless, with it only being halfway through the game. Yikes!

SITREP:

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Turn 4, Draw 4, Team Yankee

Well, this should be fairly quick.

Housekeeping Phase: Remove Ops Complete Markers.

Command Check: HQ was eliminated for the rest of the turn so, the ITV is OOC... which rolls and passed, so it is in Command.

Rally Phase: None needed.

Operations Phase:

— American ITV strategically retreats through Eisenbach, to Eisenbach City hex V3

End of Team Yankee Formation Impulse. Pretty disastrous for the Americans. Most gamers would conceded at this point, but I love to be a PITA (Pain in the Ass)! Team Yankee controls one Victory Hex, and will wait for the siege!!!

SITREP:

..and going into Turn 5...

I love these GeekUp Card and Bits Holders! They are really helping me control the game better!

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Turn 5, Draw 1, Team Yankee

Team Yankee will pass. No place to go, and I don’t want to try a feeble Assault, suffering Op Fire getting there.

Turn 5, Draw 2, End Turn Marker; Draw 3, 1st Tank.

The Red Horde goes in for the kill!

Housekeeping Phase: All Ops Complete Markers were removed end of last turn.

Command Check: All units in Command; except for Disrupted T-72 platoon in Bergengiphel, which fails Command Check, and is OOC.

Rally Phase: The Reduced and Disrupted T-72 platoon on Hill S7 fails the Rally attempt.

Operations Phase:

Soviet two T-72 platoons in S6 Move out to Assault the lone Americans in V3; they move through Eisenbach hex T5 and seize control of City hex U5, but come under Op Fire from he ITV’s missiles! ITV Op Fires with HQ +1 die bonus, scoring one hit (really?); Soviets fail saves; one T-72 platoon disrupted and halts. The remaining T-72 Assaults, with one hit; the ITV rolls a hit, negating the efforts of the Soviets, who now retreat back onto the road bridge hex.

— The T-72 platoon and HQ in S5 will attempt the next wave of the assault, moving in unopposed and rolling 2 Hits; ITV rolls 1 Hit, is Disrupted and Reduce, and withdraws to Road hex V2/. Soviets seize and Control Eisenbach V3, and now control ALL objectives!

— The T-72 platoon in R5 moves onto the road in R4 and rolls full speed, east on the road, and off into the ITV hex of V2 for an Assault. Soviets get 2 Hits. ITV gets no saves and is destroyed!

Only one more formation marker remained in the draw cup...Team Yankee. So not only did that end Turn 5, but it also resulted in a SOVIET VICTORY!

FINAL SITREP MAP:

This was an awesome game scenario, and a great Intro game into the series. I really like the old school version, even if the maps suck. As I worked through this scenario, I came up with a bunch of questions, and it was great to work through them. I added many to the WaW thread. The other thing I noticed was, checking against the new WaW85 coming out shortly, I like the simplicity of these rules more... it made for a fun experience, without getting bogged down in the plethora of new rules (which I am sure I’ll be OK with, once I learn them).

Thanks for following along. I hope you enjoyed it. It was a little laborious writing up the full SITREP ARR as I went, but fun, as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123