Duncan's 2020 Reading Challenge Log

I am only about 1/5 of the way into this book. I'm giving it a 5/5 already. It's fantastic, especially if you are interested in the 200 years of politics leading up to the war.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  36.3 KB

That looks interesting!!! I can’t help but wonder if there’s any good material to develop a few Lock ‘N Load Tactical: Heroes o the Falklands scenarios...keep me in mind if you see any good leads!

Thanks for joining this years’ challenge.
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    That looks interesting!!! I can’t help but wonder if there’s any good material to develop a few Lock ‘N Load Tactical: Heroes o the Falklands scenarios...keep me in mind if you see any good leads!

Thanks for joining this years’ challenge.
    The book is mostly politics so far, half way through. Check out the video series I posted in another thread. Goose Green is always a good scenario. Also, some of the battles on the hills outside Port Stanley. There is some good hypothetical naval material if you assume the Argentinians don't return their fleet to port, or the Belgrano isn't sunk. Hm... and some small air battles. Good for C21 gaming.

Only 2/5. This is book nine in the series. Maybe it's better if you read the first eight prior. I'm not going to spend the time doing this. The protagonists are good. Some nice character concepts if you play Traveller. But the plot is quite shallow and gets lost in the adventures.

Name:  Agent Of Change 002.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  31.6 KB
    Last edited by Duncan; 01-13-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    ...Check out the video series I posted in another thread. Goose Green is always a good scenario. Also, some of the battles on the hills outside Port Stanley. There is some good hypothetical naval material if you assume the Argentinians don't return their fleet to port, or the Belgrano isn't sunk. Hm... and some small air battles. Good for C21 gaming.
    Now this are all some excellent ideas! I might have to do some investigation in possible scenario testing with LNLP Heroes of the Falklands. Thanks!!!
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning