Custom World at War by Sava’s Game Counters

These are some amazing counters, designed by Pascal. Examples...

Name:  31524EBF-B910-43C5-A119-014EF4029C20.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  18.5 KBName:  9581A747-6730-40CA-9054-DC48022C9A4D.jpg
Size:  9.4 KBName:  5AB47BA2-796C-410E-80BD-A38500ED30B4.jpg
Size:  10.2 KBName:  A74A6EB8-1967-465F-887E-DC6D12AFA370.jpg
Size:  17.4 KBName:  9C52F135-AD1B-46DA-B5D9-496D879C13B2.jpg
Size:  9.9 KBName:  ECEA3BCF-0D1C-4CCC-A63D-A00FD4814443.jpg
Size:  8.7 KB
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I tried looking World at War up on BGG and there are lots of games with that, or similar enough, title combined with all the expansions it took some time to nail it down. Having the publisher's name helped. It appears it has been re-invented at least once by LNL publishing, maybe by others as I said I stopped going down rabbit holes at one point. I even saw mention of werewolves involved with some modern game. Is that one of the expansions, a possibility in the base game or someone else's idea?

Not that I need to get into more stuff but do you have a link, or tell me yourself, what the game scale is, i.e. ground, time and most importantly unit size. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I tried looking World at War up on BGG and there are lots of games with that, or similar enough, title combined with all the expansions it took some time to nail it down. Having the publisher's name helped. It appears it has been re-invented at least once by LNL publishing, maybe by others as I said I stopped going down rabbit holes at one point. I even saw mention of werewolves involved with some modern game. Is that one of the expansions, a possibility in the base game or someone else's idea?

Not that I need to get into more stuff but do you have a link, or tell me yourself, what the game scale is, i.e. ground, time and most importantly unit size. Thank you.
    Well you bring up a good point, as I probably haven’t been as clear as I would have within the threads themselves, but to my defense it resides under the sub-forum category of Lock ‘N Load Publishing games. But regardless, I took your lead and amended things, including the following thread that lists all the games and publications that I know of that comprise World at War (WaW), the original series (TOS).

To answer your question on the series:

LNLP: World at War is a Platoon-level board hex-and-counter wargame of Modern-ear (1985 ‘what-if’) warfare between the then, Warsaw Pact vs. NATO. The premise started with the Soviet Union invading Western Germany, in thee Eisenbach Gap; fighting moves across several nations, including Paris; and even spreads into the United State’s, great State of Texas!

It’s a chit-draw system that activates your formations (the new system uses cards), to move and conduct combat. TOS has an easily digestible rule book, which is about 11-pages of cruel rules in Eisenbach Gap Deluxe, and is consistent enough with each expansion, where by the time you get to The Untold Stories (the most-used rules for whole system play), only got to 14-pages. (This is a huge contrast to the 140-page rulebook for the new World at War85!).

As for unit size, besides my mentioning a moment ago that it is platoon-level, look in the Command Post section on the game for OOB lists that show what the platoons comprised of for men and material; and also, my “Operation Molotov Cocktail” scenario development for an example.

I love this system! It could easily be adapted for use with say 10mm miniatures. If you’re more into WWII, look to Lock ‘N Load Publishing’s, Nations at War series (it too is in an original series, and retooled new system of games).
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I have tried a few platoon per counter level games (Panzer Leader and Blitz from BitD) and find them bast kept as board games, and not my cup of Pepsi (you have your caffeine and sugar drinks and I'll have mine). Being a minis guy I want to worry about facing, etc. and these aspects are usually ignored. Lately I have played a board game at company level (Air and Armour?) and really liked it and the scale which I thought I wouldn't like. I have also played, and picked up, Armageddon War which operates at the platoon level so there is hope. The last requires a lot of use of additional counters to track damage so in my mind it is more like a single squad/vehicle level having adjustments with the loss of each vehicle or squad.