Who says you can't play miniatures games while traveling?

Idea for gaming while traveling:

Play a terrorist scenario using miniatures rules on a seat map of a commercial airliner! Maybe while you're on a plane!

Name:  737-700-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  50.6 KB

(Best done on a "virtual table" using a laptop or tablet computer)

Or if you really have some time on your hands...say, while you're on a cruise ship...

Name:  www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-ship=Enchantment-of-the-Seas.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  20.4 KB

Very cool idea... I tried something similar with a mockup blueprint of the Battlestar Galactica years ago!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I ran a virtual game on the Two Hour Wargames forum a few years ago using a detailed map of a multilevel starship from some Star Wars website. Wasn't my idea, but it was fun. That forum doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Super Moderator
    A pretty cool idea. I did hear of someone once who made a travel 40K gaming kit using a box with polystyrine in both sides and 6mm figures on pins instead of the full sizw 28mm ones.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    A pretty cool idea. I did hear of someone once who made a travel 40K gaming kit using a box with polystyrine in both sides and 6mm figures on pins instead of the full sizw 28mm ones.
    Wow, that sounds impressive.

Super Moderator
    It looked a lot like one of those travel chess/backgammon type boxes, about 15" by9" if I remember right so you had to ignore the middle hinge section.

I have no idea of how practical it actually was. I think your virtual system would probably work better.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It looked a lot like one of those travel chess/backgammon type boxes, about 15" by9" if I remember right so you had to ignore the middle hinge section.

I have no idea of how practical it actually was. I think your virtual system would probably work better.
    I imagine you could use a converted backgammon game case... or a gutted artist paint box to create a rather impressive 6mm miniatures travel system. Using something like foam exercise mats, cut down into module terrain squares could be modeled with different terrain, and somewhat illuminate the center hinged-side issue.

I’m not sure I’d ever find use for something like that but, it’s a novel idea for traveling to game clubs and cons! An industrious mad hatter could probably make some money on such a venture.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.