Thread: It happened!!

It happened!!

After years and years of saying no way will I get involved in FOW I just ordered my first 2 sets. Stosstrupp company and French Infantry company. Lord help me.

Quote Originally Posted by hagen View Post
    after years and years of saying no way will i get involved in fow i just ordered my first 2 sets. Stosstrupp company and french infantry company. Lord help me.
    O. M. G. !

Welcome to the Dark Side! Channel Tom Young!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Came in the mail yesterday. I was thinking they were going to be a softer plastic but lo and behold they are metal.

Thanks Em for pointing me in the right direction, it has been years since I have painted metal figures, those were the old Battlefield figures.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Came in the mail yesterday. I was thinking they were going to be a softer plastic but lo and behold they are metal.
    LOL...it’s kinda hard to follow, these days. The old FoW had these such metal infantry figures, but the new 4th edition I do believe have plastic now. I like you, swore off getting deep into FoW, but did dip my toes in the pond with the older rulebook and some other material and stock. Since 4th edition came out, I have picked up som of the newer stuff, including the rules. I have to be honest: I like the pewter/metal versions better than plastic.

Thanks Em for pointing me in the right direction, it has been years since I have painted metal figures, those were the old Battlefield figures.
    Not sure how much I prodded you in the direction, but I am sure glad to have another member here into it now! Frank seems to have taken the hook on 4th, and I am hoping w can all learn together from each other....now would have been the time to really hear old Tommy-boy (I miss that crazy guy!).
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I wonder once in awhile what old Tommy boy is up to myself. I have been looking around the net and
    i see alot of folks do individual bases? I kind of like the stands that come with the figures. Going to have to see what Franks got going on.

The French have arrived!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I wonder once in awhile what old Tommy boy is up to myself.
    I saw a suggested member thing in facebook that had his name/picture.... I sent a Messenger text saying hello, but he never responded. He got so super pissed at me for nixing his wanting to hook us up so hip-to-hip with his RollD20 thing. Maybe I handled it badly, and that would be regrettable. I wish him well. He was an AMAZING FoW dude!

I have been looking around the net and i see alot of folks do individual bases? I kind of like the stands that come with the figures. Going to have to see what Franks got going on.
    Yeah, I can see the allure of individual basing....one fig her base. I get the feeling that is very popular among many systems today, whereas I only knew of it with Axis & Allis Miniatures back in the day. I can see the appeal, to be able to use them with multiple systems, but I do like the FoW legacy method of several figs per base, depending on type unit. I know MAGNA’s system he introduced (and hooked) me to, Battlefront: WWII, used the same multi figure per base model.

My most-used miniatures for infantry is actually 28mm, so I am more used to thee individual figure per base. On smaller 15mm and smaller, I like the multi-figs.

I'm liking these guys! They paint up pretty easily. I don't remember the 20mm Battlefront pieces being so nice. I will get some pics up pretty soon.