Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It happened!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post

NOTE: I took the liberty to copy that one post update to the Tips section in the Miniatures area... I was just blown away with the concept.
    Glad you like it Em. I really like the way the lightweight spackle textured the walls, just what I was hoping for.

Needed some artillery. Note that one is firing out of a stand of trees I put together on a floor sample.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Simply, WOW! Looking amazing, my friend... I’m really enjoying, seeing your work. You’re inspiring me to get some mini’s work of my own done!
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Thanks again Em, I am really enjoying myself. I just dug up 5 more ruined cd's to monkey around with so more terrain stands in the near future.

More scatter terrain.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

WOW! Love the terrain, and man that beastie looks ominous! On your tank, it looks perfect on that disk, and even weathered....you could easily display these as shown!!!

WOW! Love the terrain, and man that beastie looks ominous! On your tank, it looks perfect on that disk, and even weathered....you could easily display these as shown!!!
    I am just having a blast making these terrain pieces. The A7V was indeed a beastie wasn't it! The tree is an old Woodlands scenic piece that I cut down. I am actually surprising myself on how good some of these are turning out, as long as it's going well I find myself just wanting to keep making these terrain pieces. As always thanks for the kind comments Em.

I was thinking, and we all know how dangerous I am when I do that! ...CD plastic is pretty hard, and almost brittle if you try and cut it but, it would be a thought to look at cutting your bases down into hex-shapes. I guess you could do similar in styrene. You could then use these as modular pieces to plug ‘n play!

I was thinking, and we all know how dangerous I am when I do that! ...CD plastic is pretty hard, and almost brittle if you try and cut it but, it would be a thought to look at cutting your bases down into hex-shapes. I guess you could do similar in styrene. You could then use these as modular pieces to plug ‘n play!
    I know what you are saying and have thought along those same lines. I think the reason it is called scatter terrain is you are just supposed to "scatter" them around your table. Kind of hard to butt these together to make a nice smooth setup. I was wanting to do a small creek when I started thinking along the same line as you Em.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234