Seven Days Battles (ACW)

This is a gaming subject that continues to fascinate me, namely... the Seven Days Battles of the American Civil War, which almost proved a game changer 9no pun intended) for General Robert E. Lee and his Confederate cause.

This version, produced by Decision Games in 1993, includes four battles of the Civil War. Each game has its own scenarios, 2 color 34"x22" maps, and 100 counters for each battle (400 total counters). Basic, Advanced and Campaign Rules in 16 page rulebook. Has a high Solitaire Suitability Rating. Rules are based on the Blue & Gray system originally created by Jim Dunnigan of SPI.Individual battles include:

• Seven Pines
    • Frayser's Farm
    • Gaines Mill
    • Malvern Hill

The campaign rules allow players to combine all four battles into one longer conflict recreating the Seven Days.

Integrates with Savage Station.

It resonates with me because of the nature of it just missing being, the linchpin that would have turned thee tide, had circumstances been a little more in favor of Lee. I also like the fact that it this four battles together for a combined gaming experience.

A couple more pics...

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Is this your game on the table Em? How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Is this your game on the table Em? How do you like it?
    I wish! No, I’ve not picked this up...yet. She’s a beauty! The subject, and subject battles have been high on my radar for many years in general, so gaming it also becomes high. I think I’d try for something a little less brain-draining, rules-wise...like the individual battles offered by Tiny Battles Publishing.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.