Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Now receiving an extra $5.00 an hour for Pandemic Level 2. Still no cases at our facility but did have a scare but the gentlemans test came back negative. And gas is now $1.19 a gallon.

It would seem things are easing up here slowly with things slowly returning to some semblance of normalcy. With more shops being allowed to reopen my supermarket redeployment ended on sunday with the company pulling us back from there supermarket division back to our normal stores

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Now receiving an extra $5.00 an hour for Pandemic Level 2. Still no cases at our facility but did have a scare but the gentlemans test came back negative. And gas is now $1.19 a gallon.
    Good news on the hazard pay...they should be paying you some extra! I admire what you do for a living, my friend...as I do Gibbs and everyone else coping with either working, or not and making due with the craziness. Stay Strong, Zoneites!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbs View Post
    It would seem things are easing up here slowly with things slowly returning to some semblance of normalcy. With more shops being allowed to reopen my supermarket redeployment ended on sunday with the company pulling us back from there supermarket division back to our normal stores
    The return to a normal schedule must be a very welcome thing...glad to hear it! My work organization, which employs thousands of people nation-wide, as well as Territories, is grappling with how to get everyone back into their offices. Everyone has been teleworking from home for months, and management was SHOCKED at how well everyone adapted! ...their biggest problem now being, a vast majority now want to work at home permanently.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

I think it may be finally catching up to us here in northern Wisconsin. Number of positive cases going up even as testing is going down. 2 co-workers waiting out results. We were supposed to open up to limited visitors June 30th but 4 hours before opening we got shut down again until July 23rd do to the increasing amount of covid in our area. And worry over what may follow the 4th celebrations.

An extra $4/hour pandemic bonus. No cases in the hospital I work at.

I took a week off, post 4th of July holiday — I hadn’t realized how badly I needed it. Initially, I was saving my vacation time for the Fall, since so much of everything is closed up this Summer, but who knows what will bee the state of the virus by then...I was thinking the Fall might be doable for travel, but I am not so sure now. Regardless, it was a good decision... I feel much more rested and in a better frame off mind. I’ll probably still take a Fall vacation.

Our sister facility is having trouble with staff out with covid, some of our caregivers are trying to help while trying to keep from bringing it back to our facility. We have had 2 caregivers out with covid but no spread in our place. Surging now in Wisconsin and Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Super Moderator
    Still quite bad over here, we are in a second lockdown which should finish 2nd Dec, which will let hordes of people out in a shopping and early celebrating frenzy, infecting each other and ruining Christmas for a lot of people.

We are hoping that we will be able to have our Amelia home for a few days, because of the regulations she has not been home since this all started though we have been able to visit for the last couple of months. Luckily nothing really phases her and she is coping with this a lot better than we are. We have been skyping which she is enjoying, though as soon as Bluebell, our cat, appears we are completely forgotten. Just goes to show where we stand in the great scheme of things..

We both had a + test on the 1st and we are a hell of a lot better now though we are both permanently shattered, a really screwed up sense of taste and a real brain fog. The annoying thing is we can`t work out how we got it as we have both been paranoid about safety so that we can have Amelia home.

Stay safe guys.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

I’m sorry to here that Frank! I hope you and your wife get better quickly, and without complications. It must be frightening. Glad to hear Amelia is faring well though this, and can’t imagine what you’re going through wanting her close by. My thoughts and prayers are with you all... I know you’ve got this!

Frank, so sorry to hear. It really stinks when you're being so careful and somehow get it anyway. Hope you can get back to normal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast