Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How is the Coronavirus Affecting You?

These are certainly odd times we live in, and we ar experiencing something many or most of us never seriously thought would happen: A Pandemic.

How are you all doing out here?

Please be safe and healthy, and we will all get through this together!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I’ll kick it off. Here in Massachusetts, USA, we aren’t on lockdown or curfews (yet), but the disruption is palpable. The first notable hit for me was, hockey suspending it’s season. Watching the last game, they noted it might be the last one for months, if not the season. That made things a little more real. Other sports all closed down right behind the NHL.

Businesses, and the many more business started to close.... restaurants just allowing take-out; movie theaters closing; events with over 50 people, and then 25 forbidden. Churches stopping the use of Holy Water, and then closing entirely. Malls closing.

Toilet paper? WTF! People started clearing the grocery store shelves of disinfectant, cleaning supplies, masks, and so forth.... but who would have ever thought toilet paper would be the hottest commodity to horde? It’s like gold!

I already worked from home on a permanent work schedule so, I was more than well prepared when even the government started making people work from home exclusively. If course, you can’t do a f*ing thing, because the Internet Cloud technology is so horribly insufficient for now, EVERYBODY working from home! It’s ridiculous.

I just saw on TV that Netflix is being asked to not stream 4K, for fear the Internet will crash. Wow.

The stock market....shit man, I’m a few years from retirement and my savings were SLAMMED. I did what adjustment I could to ‘safe it up’, but the damage is just nasty.

And damn it, I only have one Kit Kat bar left in the snack bucket. OMG....there may be no coming back from that one!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I didn't have to travel for work, and we just made a low offer on an amazing house because no one else made an offer. And I get to see my kids more. No negative effects at all.

I'm starting to think I'm the virus.

Wisconsin and Michigan have shelter in place. As a healthcare worker I am still on the job. We are constantly disinfecting, one caregiver, or in my case Med Tech just spends 2 hours a shift disinfecting, we use the time we used to use for group activities. As for us we disinfect our shoes in the entryway to the building, 5 more steps it's hand sanitizer, then punch in then wash our hands and then have out temps taking. Then we are allowed to walk to out work area. We are totally locked down, no visitors unless end of life. Lord help us if it gets in though, be a hot knife through butter moment.

We are on enforced shut down. Non essential companies are closed on orders from the government of Ontario.

Luckily I have some money in the bank so food on the table is OK and of course there is plenty to do and paint, but getting my head in the right place. That is another issue. It is after 1 pm and I have a lot of half painted minis but the internet is so interesting........

Quote Originally Posted by josta59 View Post
    I didn't have to travel for work, and we just made a low offer on an amazing house because no one else made an offer. And I get to see my kids more. No negative effects at all. I'm starting to think I'm the virus.
    That’s making the most of the situation! Great to hear on the house...how did that go, did you get it? And yes, it is great to spend more time with family!

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Wisconsin and Michigan have shelter in place. As a healthcare worker I am still on the job. We are constantly disinfecting, one caregiver, or in my case Med Tech just spends 2 hours a shift disinfecting, we use the time we used to use for group activities. As for us we disinfect our shoes in the entryway to the building, 5 more steps it's hand sanitizer, then punch in then wash our hands and then have out temps taking. Then we are allowed to walk to out work area. We are totally locked down, no visitors unless end of life. Lord help us if it gets in though, be a hot knife through butter moment.
    I was thinking of you last week and wondering how this was affecting you, from a stress point-of-view....that has to be tough, hoping and working to keep the virus at bay from the folks in such danger from it. Prayers for them, and you!

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    We are on enforced shut down. Non essential companies are closed on orders from the government of Ontario. Luckily I have some money in the bank so food on the table is OK and of course there is plenty to do and paint, but getting my head in the right place. That is another issue. It is after 1 pm and I have a lot of half painted minis but the internet is so interesting........
    Glad to hear you’re stretching your funds...are they thinking along the same lines in Canada as here in the US, with trying to get some money out to the citizenry?

They locked down Massachusetts as of this noontime... can only go out for essentials like food, medicine, and gas and stuff. Most business are closed. I’ve noted even the car traffic on my backwoods street has ground to almost a halt...which is nice, actually!

I work from home so, the workday is uninterrupted, other than EVERY day has a ton of time devoted to answering and strategizing to COVID-19. I am getting REAL tired of hearing that acronym! still, I know how fortunate I am to have a paycheck still coming in....for now.

Of everything about this, the thing that surprised me the most about it is.... Toilet Paper? Seriously....THAT’s what you’re hoarding and fighting over? Mankind at it’s finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    That’s making the most of the situation! Great to hear on the house...how did that go, did you get it?
    Yes! We went into contract on Sunday! Thanks for asking.

It's truly a castle. Can't wait to set up my gaming table in my new office!

I had some holiday booked so I was off anyway but the lockdown here has made little difference as far as work goes, the store I work for is closed so I'll be helping secure that in the next couple days.
    Then from next week, the company has redeployed us to work in supermarkets so I'll be going there to help get food on the shelves

And now we'll supposedly be getting big checks in the mail here in the States (I have three kids, so I get a really big one), just in time for buying this house. I feel bad for the rest of the world, but this virus has been a gift from the dark gods for me. I know, I'm terrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast