Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My wife is working from home. I work in a forensic psychiatric hospital so still have to go in. No coffee shops or libraries. No judo. So I'm shut down pretty much. It's a bit of beggars can't be choosers in the grocery store. Other than groceries and an occasional walk I don't go out. I'm spending a lot of time sticking Columbia Games stuff and reading.

It's a good time to have a government job. Though I start the day by wiping down everything with disinfectant. Lots of challenges at work - 17 mentally ill offenders to work with on my ward. They are all being incredibly understanding.

Have to make a run to the recycling depot. Bread maker caught fire last night. I was going all around trying to find the source of electrical fire smell. Then noticed the bread maker was doing a crap job of pizza dough and was screaming hot. Oops.

Doing some editing for CSL later today. Clean the deck. Maybe hook up remotely for some Pathfinder or set up a game of Ambush.

Oh yeah. Subscribed to Curiosity Stream last night. Pretty good. Low production value but it's what History Channel and Discovery Channel used to be in their quality days. And cheap right now. About 12USD for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbs View Post
    I had some holiday booked so I was off anyway but the lockdown here has made little difference as far as work goes, the store I work for is closed so I'll be helping secure that in the next couple days.
    Then from next week, the company has redeployed us to work in supermarkets so I'll be going there to help get food on the shelves
    I hope you’re holiday/vacation time will be re-credited back to you? ...it would be aa shame to loose it. And yes, I see it the same around these parts where the supermarkets are in overdrive and hiring personnel left and right. It’s weird to see so many shelves empty, and even more curious to see what is of high-value (I mean, toilet paper...really!??!)

Quote Originally Posted by josta59 View Post
    And now we'll supposedly be getting big checks in the mail here in the States (I have three kids, so I get a really big one), just in time for buying this house. I feel bad for the rest of the world, but this virus has been a gift from the dark gods for me. I know, I'm terrible.
    Hey, I think it’s great! Anytime anyone can catch a real is a good thing, in my book! It sounds like you’ve been making mass quantities of lemon aid out of lemons!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    My wife is working from home. I work in a forensic psychiatric hospital so still have to go in. No coffee shops or libraries. No judo. So I'm shut down pretty much. It's a bit of beggars can't be choosers in the grocery store. Other than groceries and an occasional walk I don't go out. I'm spending a lot of time sticking Columbia Games stuff and reading.
    Yeah, I hear ‘yo, brotha! ...this has shut down a lot of life, but we make do the best we can. I’m lucky in that I too am a remote employee, so I already worked from home, so the work days have been much the same as others, though taken up disproportionately by COVID-19 matters, and typical government over-guardedness.

It's a good time to have a government job. Though I start the day by wiping down everything with disinfectant. Lots of challenges at work - 17 mentally ill offenders to work with on my ward. They are all being incredibly understanding.

Have to make a run to the recycling depot. Bread maker caught fire last night. I was going all around trying to find the source of electrical fire smell. Then noticed the bread maker was doing a crap job of pizza dough and was screaming hot. Oops.

Doing some editing for CSL later today. Clean the deck. Maybe hook up remotely for some Pathfinder or set up a game of Ambush.
    Dang, glad that electrical issue resolved without serious incident, mate. I know that smell and it’s disturbing thinking it could be in the walls.

My cleaning has been related to my workshop in the basement, where we had a bit of a mouse incursion, due to extreme lack of snow this year and micies looking for warm in-home nests! Once I reclaim my workbench, I plan on making some print-n-play counters!

Oh yeah. Subscribed to Curiosity Stream last night. Pretty good. Low production value but it's what History Channel and Discovery Channel used to be in their quality days. And cheap right now. About 12USD for a year.
    That’s interesting...I’ll have to peek at that. I’ve been binge watching Maine Cabin Masters and Hotel Impossible, LOL!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Clippin’ counters!!!

World at War, Eisenbach Gap Deluxe!

Little at a time does it! 2.5 radius rounder punch

So far so good at the memory care unit. Thanks for the well wishes in your response Em. Still with all the before mentioned safeguards in place plus now we change at work coming and going. All deliveries from food from our vendors to items between residents and their family members are left outside and one of the employees will go out and bring whatever into the building, vendors are banned from even filling soda and snack machines. And gas is $1.39 a gallon at the local station. That's the only bright spot I can find.

I have 11 Columbia Games now stuck. A couple were already done mind you. Three more to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12