The “Ranger”. 1/72 scale, from Moebius

I plan to make my next build, the “Ranger” spacecraft, from Moebius. I picked up several years ago And is in 1/72 scale.

I love the looks off this craft, and I think it is one off the more plausible versions out there for a real-life spacecraft. It’s been several years since I built a model so, this will be a nice re-entry (pun intended).
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Cool. Is this from the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Cool. Is this from the movie?
    Yes indeed... I should have mentioned that ...exact detailed replica of the ship piloted by Matthew McConaughey in the “Interstellar” movie.

The kit appears to come with the choice of with landing gear (down) or mounted on the gantry pillar of the mothership.

I’m considering a photo-etch set, but I want to open the box and see the quality of the kit first.

I LOVE this movie... I saw it three times in a row at the movies before I started to partially ‘get it’, and watched it on DVD several other times. An awesome theme, and scientifically plausible on many angles. Visually stunning! Anne Hathaway is always a total babe!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I might have to check out the movie. Anne Hathaway...

I haven’t forgotten this Planned build... reclaiming my modeling workspace from the Winter Mice Incursion Took a little more time than I thought it’d take. DANG! Little mothaf**ers pooped EVERYWHERE! I still need to clean out my paints stations (tiered acrylic nail polish display stands), and my airbrush spray booth; then, under the bench itself, with a final sweep. doesn’t sound like much, but it unfortunately is. I am hoping to get to work on the kit in July.