Thread: Lockdown tv.

Super Moderator

Lockdown tv.

So what have you guys been watching? We have finished Gotham having bought series 5 on dvd. Something we had been meaning to do for quite a while, and it did not disappoint, showing Bruces journey from amature vigilante to the full on Dark Knight.

Also Once Upon A Time. This was a series that we had seen a couple of episodes of quite a while ago which was pretty weird but enjoyable. We found the 1st series cheap, gave it a try and loved it so much we bought the box set, 7 series.

A curse has bought a lot of fairy tale characters to earth where they have no memory of their previous lives. The Evil Queen/Mayor and her adopted son are the only ones who know what is happening the Mayor because she caused it, and the son because the he find a book that tellls the story of how everything happens, he travels to New York to find his birth mother, the Saviour, to get her to break the curse. We are on series 5 now and pretty much every character you can think off has turned up.

The opening titles come up over a silhuette of the Enchanted Forest with a little clue as to who in in this episode, the Saviours VW for example, Snow Whites bier. One episode there was a candelabra leading to both of us looking at each otther saying "Liberace???", but no, it was the candelabra from Beauty and the Beast.

SOme great casting. Robert Carlyle as Rumplestylskin/ Mr Gold the pawnbroker in this world who is a great villain in both worlds. Lana Parilla as a really loathsome evil queen who you later realise is a victim as much as a villain.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    So what have you guys been watching? We have finished Gotham having bought series 5 on dvd. Something we had been meaning to do for quite a while, and it did not disappoint, showing Bruces journey from amature vigilante to the full on Dark Knight.

Also Once Upon A Time. This was a series that we had seen a couple of episodes of quite a while ago which was pretty weird but enjoyable. We found the 1st series cheap, gave it a try and loved it so much we bought the box set, 7 series.

A curse has bought a lot of fairy tale characters to earth where they have no memory of their previous lives. The Evil Queen/Mayor and her adopted son are the only ones who know what is happening the Mayor because she caused it, and the son because the he find a book that tellls the story of how everything happens, he travels to New York to find his birth mother, the Saviour, to get her to break the curse. We are on series 5 now and pretty much every character you can think off has turned up.

The opening titles come up over a silhuette of the Enchanted Forest with a little clue as to who in in this episode, the Saviours VW for example, Snow Whites bier. One episode there was a candelabra leading to both of us looking at each otther saying "Liberace???", but no, it was the candelabra from Beauty and the Beast.

SOme great casting. Robert Carlyle as Rumplestylskin/ Mr Gold the pawnbroker in this world who is a great villain in both worlds. Lana Parilla as a really loathsome evil queen who you later realise is a victim as much as a villain.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/
    GREAT thread!!!

I’d seen ads for Gotham a bit ago an it really intrigued me. anything Batman, and I am all over it! Once Upon a Time does sound intriguing, as well...I’d not heard of that one!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

My binge watching, nearly every night has been catching up on The Black List!

Iíd fallen off watching it, even though is my favorite show on TV, mainly due to life getting in the way, and hockey! I thought I was a couple seasons back actually, so started with a few episodes into Season 4, and am up to Season 6/Episode 21! If youíre wondering, it turned out I left off on Season 6/Episode 18, so the last three have been jaw-droppers! I have Season 7 on my DVR, so I can catch up there, but everything Iíve been binging has been on Netflix.

Redís big secret on his true identity and Lizís mother is revealed, but somehow, I think there is some misguiding information about who Reddington is, and if thatís who weíve come to love as our favorite Bad Guy! Great conspiracies are afoot, too!!!

Before either The Black List, it was Battlestar Galactica!

I made it up to Season 2/Episode 10, ďPegasusĒ And need to start that back up....probably tomorrow night, as I love Sci-Fi Friday! ...thatís what the Sci-fi Channel usd to have back in the 90ís and Iíve loved sci-fi shows watched on Fridays ever since! This is a critical episode, with the Pegasus miraculously showing up, but causes instant problems! The ship will play major roles in the upcoming storyline, and sheís just so damned sexy!

Also on deck are two other shows...one being, Stargate SG-1.

Always a fav, and Iíve been watching on the Comet channel. These are earlier Season 2-4 shows mainly watched.

...and also, Maine Cabin Masters.

This one is on the DYI channel and is a lot of fun to watch. A family in Maine who rescue old camps and cabins ó generally little more than shacks and in shambles ó these folks turn out amazing and beautiful living quarters. All the guys are contractors and the woman (sister to the lead of the show and crew) is the designer.

The reason I love this show is, the cabins remind me of the cottages I used to stay in on summer vacations in New Brunswick, Canada, around Shediac ad the surrounding towns. The finished product of the show are even better than the cottages I stayed in, but the flavor is definitely the same!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I'm still working and my wife is working from home.
    We watch Vikings every night after work. I am also stuck into The Walking Dead. I'm surprised, but I seem to be on a zombie kick in comics and TV.

My last VCR died just before the shutdown. So I have bought a ton of movies on DVD or Blu Ray to replace many of the ones I love and also added a few I always wanted to see, so for cheap I'll get this as well. But don't watch them near as fast as they arrive which had my 17 year old kind pissed. The stack is about 2 feet high. I bought a couple figuring he would appreciate some and so he has. Early on was John Carpenter's the Thing. He was as mesmerized by it as the original Blob did years ago. So he learns about John Carpenter and starts pontificating how he is the master of scary movies. A few weeks later in rolls Big Trouble in Little China. Totally threw him a new curve. No more teen expert talk.

Also on tap a few of our all time favorites, Galaxy Quest, Back to the Future (all three) and Mystery Men. Along with many other favorites from when I was a kid to current. Want to get into a period and need some inspiration? Just put on Lawrence of Arabia or Doctor Zhivago! A little later Dr. Strangelove or Apocalypse Now. And for something completely different Blade Runner, the original in 5 different versions.

Been recording and watching oldies, Star Trek (original series) Twilight Zone, Night Gallery.

Super Moderator
    We have been watching American Horror Story (admittedly on dvd ) and we are loving that. We have just watched series 5, Hotel, and it is the best so far. Set in a hotel based on the real life "murder hotel" .

https://filmdaily.co/news/hh-holmes-hotel/

It has a lot of the usual actors, now joined by Lady Gaga, who really impressed us with her acting, and to be honest just impresed me, a very attractive young lady.

While keeping the completely over the top mayhem and depravity it actually had a , we thought, really sad and beautiful storyline about change and acceptance.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

I have six or seven episodes left in Season 7 of the Blacklist, and Iíll be caught up to current season end. The series is on hiatus break, after the sooner-than-planned season Finale episode #19 (Instead of the normal 22-episode season) due to the Corona Virus.

Good news is: The show was renewed for a Season 8!!!

Next up is to finish a re-viewing of Battlestar Galactica....I stopped at season 2/Episode 10 “Pegasus”. The lead episode theme song is one of the very best from the show composer, Bear McCreary...

It gives me chills: EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

I don’t talk about it, but I was a percussionist/musician, composer, arranger, instructor/teacher, and even show designer from the mid-1980’s through 2000. I still dabble in other instruments. Music has always been a HUGE part of my life. One of the hardest parts of my hearing loss to deal with is, the effect it has on my listening, and playing. It sucks. But music is still my joy.

One of the things I’ve grown adept at through those years And since is, deconstructing music, whether writing, but especially as I listen to it. I am no Mozart, but I always marvel at how he could compose in his head and have it to go straight to music sheet. I could do that, though no where near the level as the Maestro. To be able to deconstruct a song into it’s many layers, like peeling back the skins of an onion — music is indeed a tapestry, that when all the layers are laid together, beautiful things happen. T

In this piece, “Pegasus”, the slow crescendo of layers within this song builds and builds to a climactic finale that leave me breathless. It fits beautifully, the majesty befitting the subject in the magnificent Battlestar.

There are time when I run across a song, where I tear up and my breath catches and slows, and I am transported into a mello zone where nothing else in the world exists; totally captured in a time capsule held in a glorious stasis. This is one of those songs.