OST: Phantom Division

Phantom Division!

The 9th Armored “Phantom Division” fought in the Battle of the Bulge, captured the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen, Germany, and assisted in the encirclement of the Ruhr.

Phantom Division includes 3 pocket-battle sized maps (approximately 11" x 17"), each printed front and back, new counters, such as the M-26 Pershing, M-24 Chaffee, and M1919A6 machine gun, and 6 new scenarios, designed by Mark Walker. All of this contained in a 10" x 12" x 1.5" box.

Currently an Add-on in a KickStarter ending tomorrow, it’s part of the re-print of Old School Tactical VOL II: West Front & the Airborne! Expansion (which I own the First print run of). I’ll be waiting instead for the game at Flying Pig Games.... it’s worth the Extra $10 (MSRP $50), rather than going through the convoluted add-on process in the Pledge Manager post campaign. Plus, FPG has a habit off having these on sale for roughly what I’d pay at $40 through KS.

I’ll likely add this to the series later down the line, tough it’s still a hefty price for a Pocket-Sized Battle game.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

I have started to like these smaller map games. I paid $35.00 for In the Trenches, Doughboy and that comes with only 3 scenarios, so at least I don't think $40-50.00 is all that bad, of course I do expect some very good looking counters and maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    I have started to like these smaller map games. I paid $35.00 for In the Trenches, Doughboy and that comes with only 3 scenarios, so at least I don't think $40-50.00 is all that bad, of course I do expect some very good looking counters and maps.
    Those are fabulous looking games, and from what I’ve seen you post, the mechanics are solid and fun. I might pick one up at some point to give a try.

And yes, I agree that these small ‘pocket sized’ games are a great buy and can give lots of gaming opportunity even in small scenario bundles. I have a few now (Pickett’s Charge, Sticks & Stones, for example), and I like how the rules are generally quick to learn. The better he components, the better!

I’ve not really delved into the magazine and print ‘n play games, but they can be a boon, too!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.