Super Moderator

Firestorm Gazala.

I have not seen much about this but it looks to be very similar the the Firestorm Bagration that Battlefront bought out a few years ago. A good game that can be playable as a board game, or a minitures game using the main map to determine how many games are played per game round. When our club did this the whole campaign took over 4 months if I can remember correctly, we did roll for a lot of games per round, and us Germans started so well that we nearly reversed the course of the war and threw back the red tide. The games though are weighted towards historical accuracy and we were eventually overrun.

If it is the same then it is about movement and use of resources as much as victories with each side having units that they can allocate out for a game, with the potential to lose them if the game is lost.

There are now quite a few similar games that I had not heard about which can be found here.

https://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=4501
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

WOW! I missed that. Yes, I remember Tom (TRDG) Was big into the old Bagration at the time. I thought it a very cool concept, really so I am not surprised they re-energized the idea.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Super Moderator
    Yeah, Tom and I played the Generals game as the board game is called over the course of quite a lot of hours at the old forum quite a few years ago. It took quite a while due to uploading the game map with each turns events, otherwise it is playable in 2/3 hours.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Yeah, Tom and I played the Generals game as the board game is called over the course of quite a lot of hours at the old forum quite a few years ago. It took quite a while due to uploading the game map with each turns events, otherwise it is playable in 2/3 hours.
    Yeah, I remember the frustration you both had at the upload times, trying to play Live... he was on vacation and challenged you, as I remember? Now, tech has changed so much in video conferencing that you could probably rig up a scenario where two cameras are broadcasting the two players live, and a third aimed at the board or diorama. With today’s conferencing apps, you could have several players for a game! COVID and everyone teleworking has proven to me that you can be quite active Live over the computer and cams.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.