Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picture of the week-ish

2016 Vancouver IPMS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7565D.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	3055

Nightfighter!!! ...I think I got that right, haha! I always loved thee radar assembly on those... great looking aircraft. Nice base, too!
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

To clarify for folks. These are not my own models. They are models I have seen at various shows. I don't usually know who built them because the names are hidden prior to judging. Anyone is welcome to post here. Share pictures that get your building juices flowing.

Next.
    I have a bunch of pictures on CD but my computer doesn't have a CD drive. I'll have to find time to move them using my wife's.

Name:  01IMG_7652D.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  90.8 KB

Nice bird! The airbrushing is amazing! I never could figure out (yet) how to get those kind of seam lines...closest I got was with chalk washes, on a Phantom jet. I understand the concept to a degree, but I have no real clause on the actual technique.

And yes, I am the same with pictures elsewhere, though in my case it’s a series of thumb drives; I do most of my posting with my iPad, and I don;t generally have my personal laptop open, though I did male sure it had a DVD ROM Thingiemajiggythig on it...you know, the coffee cup holder that sprouts out the side!

Next! I'm jonesing for a model show.

Name:  IMG_7653D.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  86.3 KB

Beautiful airbrushing! I need to work on my thin lines with airbrush. Anyway, that’s a clean build! The canopy reminds me that I want to try the Future canopy dip method, too!

Feels like a tank day.

Name:  IMG_7735MWF.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  87.7 KB

Oooooooooo, great whitewash! I’ve only done it once and was glad to pull it off. I think it’s one of my favorite weathering techniques, and it’s a major one. Great subject, too... I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the insignia on a hatch like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    Oooooooooo, great whitewash! I’ve only done it once and was glad to pull it off. I think it’s one of my favorite weathering techniques, and it’s a major one. Great subject, too... I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the insignia on a hatch like that.
    Captured T-34. You don't want the Stuka thinking you're Russian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast