1/72 Flower Class Corvette

After a long hiatus I am breaking out this beast. I have the platinum version that comes with a bunch of extra goodies, including wooden decks.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  41.4 KB
    Last edited by Duncan; 07-18-2020 at 06:10 PM.

This is my first lesson. I put together the front and back halves first and then joined them together. I should have joined the sides and then put them together. I have a fair amount of filling and sanding to do now.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  55.5 KB

That’s a gorgeous beastie! Wood decks!!!! ...that is way awesome! Yes, I’ve done a fair number of ships in my day, and they can be prickly. I did a modern aircraft carrier that drove me near mad to join the hill sections. Thanks for the inspiration to get back working... I was going to do some workshop cleaning/organizing this weekend I I threw out my back before I could get to it. Ugh!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

This is actually a very old mold and fairly mediocre. The platinum edition cleans up a lot of it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    This is actually a very old mold and fairly mediocre. The platinum edition cleans up a lot of it nicely.
    WOW, funny you say that because, my USS America was an old mold, too and the fit was horrendous. Had the same thing happen with an old Roden kit.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.