Advertising on the Mound?

So I’m watching the the Boston Red Sox pre-season game, which is kinda weird with no fans in the stands... their pumping in crowd noise from video games! Gives you the flavor, and I guess it’d sound weird without something. Some players with masks, and all side personnel (Coaches, etc.) are wearing masks.

Lots of social distancing.

But f you look at that top picture again.... “CVS Health” (a US pharmacy) advertisement is out on the mound! Now, I don’t know if this haas in fact been around for years...I haven’t watched a lot of baseball in years...but geeez, is nothing sacred?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Also is that really there or just introduced into the TV feed?

Is that during the lockdown, when all games are viewed on TV, or will it be, or has been, always like that?

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Also is that really there or just introduced into the TV feed?

Is that during the lockdown, when all games are viewed on TV, or will it be, or has been, always like that?
    Yeah, I thought the same thing, on if it was actually on the mound or edited in....hard to tell; though I did check in on the Texas Rangers game, and they had something too, that looked more “flat” on the mound. I have a feeling this is the new norm in advertising....anyplace they can think to get ads on, will mean money in the owners’ pockets!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.