Looneng Art Ruling Pen for Panel Lines

Just purchased an Looneng Art Ruling Pen, which I plan to use to fill panel lines...

I’d seen a similar art ruling pen used on a YouTUBE video this weekend, and palm-slapped myself! You see, I’d used these back in my beginning days in the Rat Race Workforce, as a board draftsman. It never occurred to me to use it to fill panel lines!

The theory and practice, it would be to dip the tip in wash fluid — say extremely diluted craft acrylic paint, darker with black as needed for the proper color — and you just touch the tip in a panel line; there is a natural capillary wicking action where the paint runs naturally into the recessed line until it basically runs out of fuel to move, and repeat. Brilliant!

I’ll be trying it out in the Ranger build and will cross-post some results here.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Super Moderator
    That looks a useful idea for fine lines of wash. With my 15mm stuff trying to get a small brush into the right place can be fiddley. I will be following this with interest.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    That looks a useful idea for fine lines of wash. With my 15mm stuff trying to get a small brush into the right place can be fiddley. I will be following this with interest.
    Hmmmm.... I hadn’t considered this tool for miniatures work, as well...now THAT has some added potential for use! I count see this used to drop shadows in nooks on figures, bass, etc. This may be a real boon.

The ruling pen is due in tomorrow, and I’ll be starting the Ranger spacecraft build likely this weekend.... still planning the build, which will be a little more work out in, than just straight out-of-the-box, and the panel lines will be pretty early in the painting process. I chose this kit, as it’s an easier kit, but also a chance to jump start some more advanced modeling techniques.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”