Tankraft Cutting Mat

OK, admittedly, I can get a little obsessive about things sometimes ...yeah, itís true.... I think.

I have been using cutting mats for several years now. Iíve a fairly large one on my modeling workbench, and one on my artist/drafting table. The latter is more for a nice smooth surface that I donít care if ink or watercolor paints get on (the art table is a gorgeous, wood from Vietnam), or marred with some of the heavy pen/pencil strokes I sometimes employ in some of my illustrating and artistic projects. The former is, well, for cutting... model bits off of sprues, homemade counters and game components, and so on. Oddly, I am adverse to getting acrylic paint and glue from my models on it... thatís another story!

Recently, I saw a sale for Tankraft mats and, well, DAMN, it was just too freaking cool, so, I ordered one! They come in several subjects printed on the surface... I got a WWII German Panther!

Others styles...

...and an example, in action (no, not mt workbench...Iíll post a pic when I get mine)....

"There is no off position on the Genius SwitchĒ

Super Moderator
    They look really good, but I think I will stick with my old plain one and spend the money saved on actual Panthers. Well, not ACTUALL ones but you know what I mean.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    They look really good, but I think I will stick with my old plain one and spend the money saved on actual Panthers. Well, not ACTUALL ones but you know what I mean.
    You have the better way of looking at it, honestly... these mats are terribly expensive for a cutting mat, but worth it to me for the artwork. It speaks to my wargaming, model building, and Artist sides, so it truly is an aesthetic luxuary more than anything, but I suspect it’s a top quality cutting mat, too.

The ones I have on my workbench and art/drafting desk were bought at the craft store, with 40%-off coupons, so very much more affordable. I guess if you’re honest with the purchasing motivation, it’s a matter of use vs. eye candy.
    "There is no off position on the Genius SwitchĒ