Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Power station assault scenario

I'm converting a scenario I wrote a year ago to play again using my Firepower miniatures rules. It might work for whatever rules you use for platoon-level infantry skirmishes, too.

Situation
    South Sudanese rebels are assaulting a power station held by Chinese special forces. The Chinese will be supported by a squad of South Sudanese military police.

Objectives
    Rebels (attackers): Occupy the power station.
    Chinese (defenders): Prevent the rebels from occupying the power station.

Deployment
    Chinese set up first, as the defenders. A rebel scout team will arrive in a vehicle on a major road in Turn 1. The rest of the rebel platoon will arrive in vehicles or on foot in Turn 2. The military police will deploy on the south table edge in Turn 3.

Special rules
    Chinese receive 4 chits and 3 activations per chit. Rebels and military police each receive 3 chits and 2 activations per chit.

Outer doors of the power station are locked at start of game. An entire impulse phase (4 movement points) is needed to unlock a door.

LMG may only be fired if no other movement points are expended during the same impulse phase. SAW is treated like LMG but may be fired while a figure is moving.

Order of battle
    SPLM-IO rebels:
    1 squad of 6 riflemen, 1 LMG, and 1 leader
    1 squad of 6 riflemen, 1 RPG, and 1 leader
    1 squad of 7 riflemen and 1 leader
    1 platoon commander
    1 scout team of 4 riflemen
    1 light armored car, no weaponry, 2-man crew
    1 technical with HMG, 2-man crew (driver and gunner)
    1 unarmored truck, no weaponry, 2-man crew

PLAMC Special Forces Amphibious Reconnaissance Battalion:
    1 squad of 5 riflemen, 1 SAW, and 1 leader
    1 team of 2 riflemen, 1 RPG, and 1 leader

SPLM military police:
    1 squad of 7 riflemen and 1 leader
    1 armored car, no weaponry
    Last edited by josta59; 11-11-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Pictures!!!

The battle report from last time is here, with lots of pictures: http://www.wargamingdropzone.com/sho...Power-Station!
    Last edited by josta59; 11-11-2020 at 10:00 AM.

I thought that was the scenario but didn't look it up to verify. So is this intended as a restart of this campaign or just as a comparison of your rules vs before? As always looking in with interest.

madman! Haven't seen you in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    So is this intended as a restart of this campaign or just as a comparison of your rules vs before? As always looking in with interest.
    My campaign fizzled with game #3. I didn't realize how tough it would be to have four different groups on the table at the same time. It was a bit overwhelming. If I ever attempt to do something like that again, I need a way to label my figures that is helpful and doesn't look too silly.

So lately I've just been looking for fun scenarios to play with the rules I'm using now, and since I worked so hard on the scenario above, I decided to rework it and play it again. But yes, it might be interesting to compare the outcomes with these rules vs the No End in Sight rules I used last time.

Quote Originally Posted by josta59 View Post
    So lately I've just been looking for fun scenarios to play with the rules I'm using now, and since I worked so hard on the scenario above, I decided to rework it and play it again. But yes, it might be interesting to compare the outcomes with these rules vs the No End in Sight rules I used last time.
    That was one concern. Comparing rules with the same scenario. Requires repeated play to determine how much difference is randomness and how much the difference is from rules. Often times you can see the difference in the rules but not always, and sometimes one assumes it is one or the other.

Always lurking......

....I need a way to label my figures that is helpful and doesn't look too silly.
    I ran into something similar, with how to mark groups of miniatures for identification. What I came up with was bought at Michael’s Craft Store...miniature rubber bands, about an inch diameter as I remember, in different colors. I’ll take some pics when I can.

it was one of the better ways I could think of, as I didn’t want to paint the mini bases, or move beads, or shuffle coin shaped disks under them.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Now that's a unique idea! I like that a lot. Thanks!

Now that's a unique idea! I like that a lot. Thanks!

Your welcome

Here’s a picture of one of the colors...

Name:  FADDCB51-4065-4BD5-9AE1-CA200808A679.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  18.4 KB

...slip them down over the figure and rest on the base.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Hmm. Looks like my idea for casualty caps when used with 6 mm figures. My "idea" was use slices of straws from the local fast food joint. If the rubber bands are close enough in size perhaps you could have them sized to be slipped over the base and held there by stretch.

Gotta remember he is playing in 10 mm so my guess is the bases are no bigger then 1/2" in diameter. Need a very small elastic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast