Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Just finished the first two story arcs. Looking forward to the third.

    Name:  89612155_642694849896718_4773816098933964800_n.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  36.5 KBName:  89629077_638578900018799_6273086738407620608_n.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  46.5 KB

  2. #32
    Nice and simple to follow. Four issue story arc.

    Name:  89612155_642694849896718_4773816098933964800_n.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  45.4 KBName:  89629077_638578900018799_6273086738407620608_n.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  39.0 KB

  3. #33
    Thought I would post this for Em. I love all the different iterations of Harley Quinn that are out there. Many different origin stories. DC Black Label is particularly good.

    Name:  89629077_638578900018799_6273086738407620608_n.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  93.9 KB

  4. #34
    Administrator Whiterook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,446
    Interesting... what is it about the theme that hooks you? ...and what is Ďslabbedí?
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    Interesting... what is it about the theme that hooks you? ...and what is ‘slabbed’?
    Slabbed is what you see in the Harley Quinn book. It has been graded for quality and sealed in a plexiglass container. Signatures can be witnessed and verified. You can't read it anymore but it's very collectable and looks nice on the wall (eventually)

    I like the Black Label DC Harley Quinn. It reads much darker and more serious than the New 52. There are a number of different HQ histories you can select. In my current favourite, The White Knight, Batman is in jail and the Joker is dead. HQ has lost her medical license and works for the police on gruesome serial killings. The New 52 is much lighter and comical. Living above and managing a freak show, catapulting dog doo into rich neighborhoods. That kind of thing.
    Last edited by Duncan; 04-07-2021 at 02:42 PM.

  6. #36
    Slacking off here too.

    Fan Expo comic book meet up selection for April.

    Name:  WIN_20210309_16_20_26_Pro.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  12.7 KB

    Attachment 3598
    Last edited by Duncan; 04-09-2021 at 03:32 PM.

  7. #37
    At least ten characters.

    Attachment 3602

  8. #38
    Administrator Whiterook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Slabbed is what you see in the Harley Quinn book. It has been graded for quality and sealed in a plexiglass container. Signatures can be witnessed and verified. You can't read it anymore but it's very collectable and looks nice on the wall (eventually)

    I like the Black Label DC Harley Quinn. It reads much darker and more serious than the New 52. There are a number of different HQ histories you can select. In my current favourite, The White Knight, Batman is in jail and the Joker is dead. HQ has lost her medical license and works for the police on gruesome serial killings. The New 52 is much lighter and comical. Living above and managing a freak show, catapulting dog doo into rich neighborhoods. That kind of thing.
    Thanks for the explanation on ‘slabbed’... makes sense! Where is this done... shows? Retail comic stores? Send away?
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    Thanks for the explanation on ‘slabbed’... makes sense! Where is this done... shows? Retail comic stores? Send away?
    Florida for one company (the preferred one for most people) and Texas for another. There is a third company but they were being very dishonest in the past (rating employees comics too high for resale) and everyone skips them now. I hand in my comics at the two conventions I go to. Signatures need to be witnessed by a company rep (for $20 a signature they follow you around the con) - so a lot of them need to be viewed on site anyhow.

  10. #40
    Just finished the six issue mini-series. I'm switching from coffee to turmeric and cinnamon.

    Name:  56034770._SY475_.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  43.6 KBName:  173548224_10157658762076898_4886028338357003933_n.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  88.4 KB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •