Thread: The Rail Yard

The Rail Yard

Added today, is a new sub-forum category: The Rail Yard!

As with the model building area, having commonalities with wargaming diorama and miniatures building/painting, model railroading is another hobby with common themes. Plus, I, a model railroader! Be open minded to these shared facets, and your might just get some ideas for your build projects and game designs! Happy surfing!
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

I like it! And would you know if any common RR size track comes close to 15mm. I would like to have the occasional rail line in my wargames. Thanks Em.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    I like it! And would you know if any common RR size track comes close to 15mm. I would like to have the occasional rail line in my wargames. Thanks Em.
    HO-scale is likely the closest to 15mm miniature... 15mm is kinda an ‘in-the-middle scale’ to model railroading scales. 10mm is perfect for N-scale (the size below HO); and 28mm is perfect for O-scale (the size above HO).

All in all though, I don’t think HO would look horribly out-of-scale in comparison, especially when you consider the scale variances with the miniatures lines between infantry figures and vehicles, for instance. Likely, the vehicles would look best with HO. I’ll be checking on my old HO stock and maybe I can take some pics with my Axis & Allies Minatures pieces next to a box car and loco.

HO would be good as I have a few sections of that.

I forget what Scott uses with his miniatures... I think he uses N-scale with 10mm miniatures, IIRC.

Back when I did 15mm for an alternate reality world I found HO scale autos worked well next to 15mm minis. Keeping to that I have bought some more now that I have gotten back into gaming. I have bought some pieces up to 1/72 as well.

I copied the series of miniatures comparatives over in this thread, since it’s bring to the forefront, so good discussion on what model railroading scales work with wargaming miniatures....we’ll continue the discussion there