Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I have just picked up 12, 13, 14 and am part way through 12, and it is a knightmare !!!

I should never have left it as long between books as I did, I think to start with I spent 1/2 the time searching the " cast of characters" secion at the end.
    So that book throws the readers into the world, assuming they've read previous books? That's a great way to severely limit your audience and therefore your earning potential.

As a new author myself, I wouldn't want to do that to my readers anyway. For just the reason you mentioned. They might want to read other things for a year and then read one of my books again. What an absurd choice.

Super Moderator
    It is not actually as bad as it seems. Yes, there is quite a bit of checking the characters list but when you think that this was the 12th book in the series and the world it is set on seems to be a one way nexus to several other worlds,then, if you are in the middle of a world war you have to keep bringing new characters in to replace dead ones and to let the plot expand.

So far we have had the original US and Japanese ships from early war, with another Japanese POW transport from later war. Already on world are the good guys, Lemurians, with their actuall names and in quite a few instances nick names given them by the Americans and the bad guys, Griks. We also have Victorian British, Inquisition Spanish, a mid war Fascist fleet from an alterative timeline and several others.

I agree that this is a series best read from the beginning but it is well worth it.

Book 10.

Lost Cause, by Rachel Lynch.

Another good book in this series, it is very out of sequence , number 8 , but that did not really matter.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/224100-di-kelly-porter

Book 11.

Devils Due, by Taylor Anderson.

Another very good book in this great series. As mentioned before there is a large character list that took some time getting used to but it was well worth it.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/54474-destroyermen
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Super Moderator
    Book 12.

River of Bones, by Taylor Anderson.

This is the 13th book in this great series and things are getting tense. I have the next book ready to read then there is just one more projected book in the series

https://www.goodreads.com/series/54474-destroyermen
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12