Hagen's Book Shelf 2021

When in Rome!! I will start my own reading thread.

U-Boat Commander, A Periscope View of the Battle of the Atlantic by Peter Erich "Ali" Cremer.

Cremer was one of the lucky ones making it though the entire war. Probably most remembered for his command of U333. (Type VIIC) Cremers insignia was Three Little Fishes which he designed.

Cremer was known to be "life insurance" by his crew for always bringing them home. Although his boats were also known for coming back in pretty bad shape. At one time he made it back all the way from the East Coast of the US with his U-Boats bow crushed from an accidental ramming of a British freighter.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Hagen; 03-07-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Cremer, white cap, with his chief of the boat Spangenberg and a photo of U333 on it's return from the above mentioned ramming incident.

Nice! I like the hat... I think they’re called Kriegsmarine? ...a fellow that plays the U-Boot game got one as a present from his son (replica), and I love the idea of that while playing! Though, I’d probably like an American Naval Officer’s instead.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

For King and Kaiser is the second book by Andrew Lucas and Jurgen Schmieschek on the Saxon Army in WW1. The first being Fighting the Kaisers War.

Both are good reads on the Saxon Army in WW1. These books have the right proportion of pictures to print, imo anyway.

Great books! Thanks for starting the thread! One of the things I love the most about history books are the photos... it’s just fascinating to see life as lived in the past.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Book contains 17 studies on German offensive and defensive operations during WW1 on the Western Front. Compiled from articles that ran in the (UK) Army Quarterly from January 1924 until April of 1939.