Thread: Toothpick

Toothpick

pointy thingy, I kept losing track of my counters especially in counter dense games. So I painted a couple toothpicks up to help.

Next week I will show my magnifying glass I need from time to time. It's hell getting older.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice! I like that they don’t take up a big footprint, too. I’d been looking around for bits, similar to what I see on Facebook groups, where games have little plastic arrows and stars, etc. as markers. I always ask where they get them and they never fess up! What’s the big freaking secret! Anyway... you pic got me to thinking of a little plastic stopper on a stick that came with my Dunkin’ Donuts coffee yesterday, that plugs into the cap’s hole to prevent spilling. Now that I think of it, you could cut the little flat roundy thing at the top into a triangle! Hmmmm?
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

So the tip of the toothpick is on the hex the counters (a stack of them I assume) were removed from in order to do the combat??

No stacks, that would have made it easier on me to relocate where I was at. In this case it was just to remind me where the depleted German 2L/5 was positioned. The Germans and French are 4 step units so when depleted from it's 3rd step it is removed from the board and you get it's smaller replacement counter out of that armies off board pile and put on the map. So the painted toothpick just made it easier for me to find the needed hex at a glance.

Got it. Thank you for the explanation. Yes hex and counter games can definitely benefit from some player aids from time to time. So can miniatures for the same reason.

I just bought some plastic arrows and target markers that I plan to put to good use!
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ