New miniatures rules: FIRETEAM FIREPOWER!

Hi, all,

I present my latest rule set: FIRETEAM FIREPOWER! A 3-page rule set for squad-level skirmishes with miniatures. I think Hagen will especially enjoy these.

Fireteam Firepower.pdf

This is a rules bash, combining the best features of:
    1. My previous Firepower for miniatures rules, based on Avalon Hill's board game Firepower
    2. Fireteam II modern skirmish rules for miniatures, by John Armatys (find them here: http://www.wargamedevelopments.org/g...s/Fireteam.pdf)

Fireteam II has a lot of features I wanted to incorporate in my games, so I spent several hours bashing these rules together and testing them. Both rule sets have a grid of weapons with their hit numbers, so it made sense to me to marry them together.

How does this improve my previous Firepower rules? I've kept the chit activation system from Firepower, which Hagen and I both enjoy. But these new rules feature:

1. More traditional movement. No more counting movement factors!
    2. New combat outcomes of wounded and seriously wounded, in addition to suppressed and killed. Wounded figures can shoot!
    3. Rallying rules for suppressed figures that are based on their squad leader's status. Leaders have a purpose now!
    4. One roll result for combat rolls, with beaten zones for automatic fire. No need to count individual shots!
    5. Opposed rolls (firing roll vs saving roll). Targeted figures have a better chance of surviving!
    6. Simpler rules for explosive weapons. No more complicated measurements!
    7. Clearer and simpler vehicle rules. We don't need no stinkin' movement factors!

And just for the hell of it, I even threw in my own rules for movement in buildings, which have nothing to do with either previous rule set.

Game on!

Name:  QHAOWQMHZJBDZEDG5PDV7AWECM.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  69.2 KB

I like what I see but, there's always a but isn't there. a question. So grenades are always on target? I ask because in basic training I hit the area intended but the grenade itself hit an exposed tree root and bounced outside the circle costing me my expert rating for grenade. Also your trooper pretty much ends up in the grenades blast zone doesn't he? A throw of 3 inches max doesn't really sound far enough to me. Of course I will try it out and see how it works, I can always change things up. All in all though I like it, These rules will easily work for WW1.

Hagen, I think you clicked the wrong thing, buddy. Look for the link above that says Fireteam Firepower.pdf.

I agree, I also thought figures should be able to throw further than 3". So I doubled it. And in my version, grenades can miss their target.

Forgot to mention: In this version, hand grenades can be offensive with a small blast circle or defensive with a larger one. Em should appreciate that!

LOL!! Yup, clicked the wrong one! That's better! Wish I had a working printer, index cards here I come. Are you sticking with 3 inches for normal movement with your 10mm? I hope Em does appreciate your thinking about him and his defensive grenades. LOL. As for my era a grenade, is a grenade, is a grenade. Just different styles for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Are you sticking with 3 inches for normal movement with your 10mm?
    Yes. That's what I was using for the Firepower rules anyway. If a figure moved 4", they were considered to be running. Now, with this new version, running has changed to rushing and is 1d10".

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    I hope Em does appreciate your thinking about him and his defensive grenades.
    That didn't take much thought on my part. That also came from the Fireteam II rules, which you already looked at. That was John Armatys' thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by josta59 View Post
    Yes. That's what I was using for the Firepower rules anyway. If a figure moved 4", they were considered to be running.
    I was using 6 inches for my 15mm, maybe I'll try 5 instead. I know I thought about using 5 inches but wanted to keep everything using even numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by josta59 View Post
    Forgot to mention: In this version, hand grenades can be offensive with a small blast circle or defensive with a larger one. Em should appreciate that!
    Yes... I do!
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ