Tactical on Computer

Does anyone play the computer version of LnL Tactical? I'm loving it.

Name:  LnLTac001.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  100.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Does anyone play the computer version of LnL Tactical? I'm loving it.

Name:  LnLTac001.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  100.2 KB
    Iíve been thinking about picking up the DLC core gameÖ Iíve noted itís really picking up a lot of good press on Facebook; and besides itís apparent fnu-experience, Iíve also noted a lot of interesting play testing of new rules through it. I always get a little worried about computer interfaces and mechanicsÖ Iím not super techie in computer gaming, and the interface seems a little daunting to me (Öthe pop up charts and such), though I realize it probably isnít really as terribly daunting as I think. Perhaps for me, itís more on the lines of an over-taxed brain and general burnout vs stepping boldly into new territory kinda thing.

So looking at it quickly on the Steam site, I have some questions I hope you can answer:

1. Iím assuming you play this vs another player that also owns the core digital game, on the Steam system somehow? Öcan you explain that?
    2. Can this be played on Steam as solitaire?
    3. Can you only play the few scenarios that come with the core game, and same for the expansions? Öwith VASSAL, you can DYO your own stuff, but Iím wondering if you are limited to JUST the scenarios associated with the core or expansions you buy,

At itís current price of under five bucks, it seems a good investment!
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

I have only played against the AI.
    The core game only includes a couple of small and simple tutorial games. You need to purchase each DLC seperately and then it is in the core game interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I have only played against the AI.
    The core game only includes a couple of small and simple tutorial games. You need to purchase each DLC seperately and then it is in the core game interface.
    Kinda what I thought. Too bad one can only play the scenarios bought, but I get it with the platform used. I wonder if that’s a little too limiting after awhile though… if you’re an avid player, you could potentially get to a point of not wanting to play the same scenarios over and over again (or maybe not).

I dont have any of the boardgames sadly but i do have the core base for the steam version. i havent bought any of the scenario packs yet but im going to. Looking forward to playing some of you

Been really pondering this… I think I’ll buy the core and an expansion, and give it a try! I’m not really a computer gamer, but this might be worth it. I love the system, so this may offer another avenue to get some gaming in… and probably to be able to play other people online.

Another aspect was, on a post on Facebook about a future map editor that I enquirer on, LNLP would like to have said editor not only allowing digital map creation at your fingertips, but also the ability to print them out! That would provide an outlet — similar to what the HexDraw software does for ASL map creation — to LNLT!