Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Beautiful day!

Hot and humid with hazy sunshine due to smoke from wildfires in Canada.

This past month was pretty wild and wooly, torrential downpours with high winds. Power knocked out once for 17 hours. Trees down everywhere. Triple heat index numbers with humidity dew points at 80. Now a 2 day break with normal temps then back to the heat and humidity.

Once again hot and humid, 10% chance of a T-storm.

Hurricane Henri is tracking for a direct hit in my neck of the woods… the water is the concern, as we!re expected to get upwards of 4”+, which doesn’t normally sound too bad, except for the fact that we’ve been waterlogged from past heavy rains and the water table is insanely high already. I have a sumo pump, with a French drain system, and if it got real bad, another pump used to drain out hot tub, so I’ll be on Overwatch! Also at play here is the insane humidity, so praying the AC stays on!
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    Hurricane Henri is tracking for a direct hit in my neck of the woods… the water is the concern, as we!re expected to get upwards of 4”+, which doesn’t normally sound too bad, except for the fact that we’ve been waterlogged from past heavy rains and the water table is insanely high already. I have a sumo pump, with a French drain system, and if it got real bad, another pump used to drain out hot tub, so I’ll be on Overwatch! Also at play here is the insane humidity, so praying the AC stays on!
    Good luck to you Em. I went through Hurricane Iwa when stationed in Hawaii.

Back into the heat and humidity

Rain, rain and more rain. California can't get any and we have more then anyone could ask for.

It’s been a couple, real nice days with sun and cool breezes, and nights like cold Fall nights! It’s supposed to get humidity back in for a couple days and then make to cooler, dryer weather… can’t complain! But I am starting to see the trees change, mainly ‘cause there’s been so much rain this Summer.

It’s hard to believe it’s almost the end of Summer… thought it was much more freedom to go out, as opposed to last year’s Pandemic Lockdown, it’s still scary with the Delta Variant running amok due to all the idiots nit getting vaccinated. You may disagree with me on that last point, but it’s pretty clear to me that we’d be a little safer and open if we were all fighting this virus together.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zoneĒ

Thunder, lightning and downpours of rain have led into a beautiful sunny morning. Lower 70's today. The wife and I are heading out on a little get away today with family, we all chipped in on a house on a lake. Weather supposed to be good for the time we are there, fingers crossed.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415