Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Em, that corn starch is miraculous!

Just posting about it has made the weather go colder, problem solved.

Well, that IS miraculous! Now, if I can just figure out how to throw a whammy for the lottery!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Might hit 60 tomorrow and no rain (finally) may get finished with painting the exterior of the house. Did a lot of, and had a lot of work done this summer. Replaced quite a bit of lap board siding and dodging hornets that love the peaks on both sides of the roof.

Well we came close on this beautiful fall day. Not enough daylight at this time of year. Not sure we will get anymore good weather for painting.

Super Moderator
    Turning colder here in the UK, looks like we have seen the end of our little brush with Lorenzo which gave us a hell of a lot of rain and some high winds, though all the forcasts are for a hard winter.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor

Hi Frank, we are also slated for a harder winter then usual. Seems like over the past 5 winters they have been worse then the previous.

It’s been a mild winter, snow-wise here in Massachusetts, of the Northeast United States, but dang cold! I don;t know if it’s because I’m not being exposed to as much cold snow and winter mix, but I’m freezing at nights, especially... I haven’t worn sweaters at night this much in a long time! The weather experts say it is a colder-than-normal year (though not record lows), and the Farmer’s Almanac predicted a cold Winter. Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early Spring, thank God!!!

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Super Moderator
    We are having a hell of a lot of rain at the moment causing some real flooding with some rivers reaching their highest levels in history. Problem is that the government has cut most of the funding for the environment dept and rivers ana streams are not being maintained and dredged. There has also been a lot of very short sighted building on lood planes.

There was a couple of inches of snow about 30/40 miles away from us this morning though it was on higher ground.
    Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented.

Elie Wiesel.

A few months have passed since the last posts, and the weather has changed dramatically as we move from season to season....summer to hit around these parts this weekend!

It’s been cooler than usual for a large part of our Spring, and very very wet! But days like today, are near perfect...Mid-70 degrees, sunny, and dry. Just a joy! The humid days are few apart, and few lasting...maybe two days, then t changes back. Thee surprising part for me has been the nights, which can be downright cool! — it’s almost lime living in the desert States, where has are hot and nights are freezing.

Lots of beautiful nights though, and the kinds with cool, strong breezes that remind me of cottage stays in the Canadian Maritimes. It’s been bring back MANY great memories.

With COVID, there’s nothing to do so, my wife Karen and I have done some long rides around the Western Massachusetts towns and counties, and even touching on Central Mass and Connecticut.

Super Moderator
    We had a breif taste of summer for a few days which unfortunately coincided with a partial easing of lockdown with the reslt that some of the beaches were ridiculousely crowded. We are still supposed to keep a 6 foot distance from strangers, judging by the pictures there was not even a 6 inch gap.

It did actually prove to me that I have control over the weather. The last really hot day, 30`s with an estimated night time high of 36 I spent 10/15 minutes in the Tardis under the stairs digging out our big pedestal fan. Switched it on, BANG....grind! 2 of the blades sheered off, and its only about 15 years old, they just don`t make em to last these days. So onto ebay, ordered a fan and just like that the weather went back to normal, cool and damp.

Elie Wiesel.

Hot and humid!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567