Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Image Test for Game

This is a test for a game image

Name:  T1, i5 101st.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  99.2 KB

This was done with the Attachments feature....physically 'attaching' an image with the forum Manage Attachments option.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

Trying a Tank on Tank image....

Name:  T7i2.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  98.5 KB

Another image with the Manage Attachments feature.... the problem being: You can't expand (zoom) the image; and the coordinates aren't reality legible when as is, or if your computer has the ability to zoom in on the whole page.

I'd like to find another way to upload or copy an image where you can see it better. Some games may not have this problem, depending on the size of the image.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton.

A chess game board from a game at the old site....

Name:  Chess.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  91.9 KB

This is an example of of what I was talking about in the previous post, where the image itself may not have items that don't show well, like small coordinates in hex maps. In this case, the chess board has large edge coordinates, which are perfectly readable; so it comes own to testing what your image looks like for a game and seeing what works with the method of attaching images.

Images

You once said something about pasting images into a thread, I've not been able to do that. I get a very simple editor with emoji on the right, nothing across the top, and post icons across the bottom.
    "And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

One method is, find an image you want to use in a post....I'll use the Chess Board image in the previous post:

1. Hover over the image and right click with your mouse (on my Mac laptop, I tap with two fingers to mimics the right click function of a mouse);
    2. On the pop-up box that comes up, select <Copy Image>;
    3. Go to the spot in your new post that you are building, and click on where you want the image to be placed;
    4. Right click on your mouse;
    5. Select <Paste>

And your image should appear as shown below.....

Unlike the previous posts' chessboard, this of course wasn't Attached like that other post....it was copy and pasted.

Quote Originally Posted by 50th View Post
    You once said something about pasting images into a thread, I've not been able to do that. I get a very simple editor with emoji on the right, nothing across the top, and post icons across the bottom.
    If this is the post editor you are talking about.....

Name:  Ed1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  81.4 KB

Then for pasting an image, then....follow the directions I just posted previously of placing your cursor where you want the image, and paste your image in.

If you are talking about attaching an image, then you need to scroll down further and use the Manage Attachments button to attach the image (see the tutorial on that)

DSC03930 by Emery Gallant, on Flickr

This is a test for a game map....

T3, I1 SS by Emery Gallant, on Flickr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast