Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Great War in 3mm

Oddzial Osmy 3mm late war German and French troops with armor. Next I need some artillery which as it happens had just been released!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

WOW! Love the last pic especially!!! ...the tank tread marks are an awesome touch!

I just got DVG's Sherman Leader in the mail this past week...KickStarter, which included 5 PICO Armor tanks, so I'll be having some time with mini-miniatures! This is timely inspiration for me!!!!
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

What do you think of the 3mm tanks? I've seen some articles on folks trying 3mm on wargame maps instead of counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    What do you think of the 3mm tanks? I've seen some articles on folks trying 3mm on wargame maps instead of counters.
    You know, I don't know what I was thinking, but mine weren't PICO...they're GHQ Micro Armor, which are 6mm.

I think the 3mm is better for hex maps that normally see chits played; but I'm apprehensive enough of 6mm, never mind 3mm, LOL....more so about the infantry, than the tanks, size-wise. I worry...and I hate to admit this...that my fingers are just not as nimble as they used to be, so maneuvering the little suckers has me feeling a tad anxious.

Got some more eyestrain coming my way! Renault Tanks, building ruins and German and French artillery.

Name:  IMG_20180402_131827636.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  88.1 KBName:  IMG_20180402_132154466_HDR.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  88.7 KBName:  IMG_20180402_132403350_HDR.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  86.6 KBName:  IMG_20180402_132540639_HDR.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  87.6 KB

That's really impressive detail for 3mm. I appreciate the penny next to them, as it gives a great sense of the scale. What are you using for primer and paint?

This must be awesome for big battles on a small map/diorama platform.

I will use Testors gray primer in a rattle can for base coat.

It's said you can fight huge battles on an end table in this scale, at the moment I plan on using GHQ micro armor rules and just adjust for size difference. Nothing really out there for 3 mm WW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    I will use Testors gray primer in a rattle can for base coat.

It's said you can fight huge battles on an end table in this scale, at the moment I plan on using GHQ micro armor rules and just adjust for size difference. Nothing really out there for 3 mm WW1.
    I hear you on the rules thing....are you using the GHQ Beer & Pretzel rules, or the full rules?

Full rules, I got a set of 1st addition on the cheap a few years ago. But now that you mention the beer and pretzels rules?? I had forgotten all about them. Interesting idea!

Did a little snipping today, removed the crewed pieces from the towed pieces but then snipped the cassion from the towed piece to show with the gun. Gives me 15 more artillery pieces also.

Name:  IMG_20180403_115558434.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  89.5 KB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast