Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Good idea on the artillery!

Those Beer & Pretzel rules are actually pretty darned good.... the slang tag line does it an injustice. It would be a good way to break into trying these puppies out.

Another one you might want to consider are the Flames of War, Great War rules....

Great War Design Notes
    World War One Battles of 1918
    1918 saw great changes in the warfare of the Western Front. Russia pulled out of the war, freeing thousands more German troops to push the Allies back huge distances. The Allied counteroffensives, with the new tanks, evolving tactics, and the arrival of the Americans, forced the Germans back towards their own borders and defeat.

Last year Battlefront marked the centenary of the start of World War One by releasing a set of rules for British and German forces, with issue #324 of Wargames Illustrated. Now those rules have been expanded to a 72-page book, including the Americans and French. Great War writer Wayne Turner shares his design notes, telling you exactly what you can expect to find in this latest edition.

I think it could translate to 3mm with some tweaking....same as I am doing with the Modern rules for 6mm.
    If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Worth taking a look at, thanks for the tip. A couple folks have said even some board games rules can work pretty good.

Priming tomorrow, weather finally co-operating. Renault tanks, German and French artillery.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Got them primed and first (dark) coat on. Note nickel with Renault tanks for scale.

Cool update!

Are those tongue depressors? ...great idea! What is the squiggle stuff....glue?

I like the Renault. I had no clue to these little bad boys until getting a couple in Axis & Allies Miniatures, which I must admit I dismissed at first. Come to find out, they were hardy little beasts. I didn't realize they were a WWI tank...makes sense, from the Early War WWII usage I've seen. Obviously, artillery probably did an effective enough job at dispatching them to holy rollers, but how did they hold up against WWI era grenades and machinegun fire? (...I'm showing my utter lack of knowledge in this!!! )

Tongue depressors they are! Or as Dollar Store calls them "craft sticks"! The squiggly line is indeed glue. I'm pretty sure mg could puncture the armor of the Renault, but the Germans also liked to tackle them with their 75mm artillery pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Tongue depressors they are! Or as Dollar Store calls them "craft sticks"! The squiggly line is indeed glue. I'm pretty sure mg could puncture the armor of the Renault, but the Germans also liked to tackle them with their 75mm artillery pieces.
    Now that's an idea... I never thought to look in craft store for those. I have eyed them at my doctor's office, hahaha! Handy looking.

Moving along slowly but surely! Just got done basing my German and French artillery, Renault tanks and some ruins. Not pictured are the French as they are still drying. Next will be some groundwork, paint the figures, wash and dry brush. I used some figures from the command stands to busy these bases up a little.

WOW....love what you’re doing here. Those ruins have a LOT of detail!!! I’ve been looking at some 6mm versions and thought they were small....until I saw these! YIKES!

I'm having fun with these! Considering how tiny all these pieces are I think the detail quite nice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast