Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like it! I have to keep from busting a gut laughing when I see how much simple terrain items from the "big names" go for. I keep thinking who would be such a sucker but have to stop myself as many people don't have the time to make things up. In my case I have NO hills. Tons of buildings, trenches, etc. but NO hills. Gotta get off my but and make some stuff up. The other thing is guys of my generation (I am sure Whiterook is of my generation) probably did crafts at school as a kid and I also made terrain and buildings for our Lionel train set back as a teen. So I have some hands on with many of the materials we would use for these projects while many younger people might never have been exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
    Another good tutorial, especially like the "nests". Neat how he just cut up the matchbook, flipped it over and made the cover for them. I also enjoy figuring out how to make this or make it work with junk I have laying around.
    Forum Fun Fact:

Back in the early days of the first forum, Tin Can General, member, MAGNA put forth a challenge to use junk items items from around the house, to build miniatures diorama components from. He said, those that do so and show the results would be entered into consideration with a group in Australia, called “CAPS”, and would be able to use the honor of membership in your signature. I took him up on it and yes, placed CAPS after my Whiterook name.

took a few years to realize he made the whole thing up and had a great laugh over it. It was — Brilliant! I laughed my ass off when I found out! I honestly can’t remember how many others fell for his ruse, but it was Epic, in my opinion.
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    ...The other thing is guys of my generation (I am sure Whiterook is of my generation)
    Hey!

(....errr, probably )
    "There is no off position on the Genius Switch”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12