Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blackist.

Super Moderator

The Blackist.

It`s official. I now have a new fictional hero in Raymond Reddington.

Since we had to cancel our cable package we have lost a lot of the programs we used to watch and have been buying dvd box sets of them, the older ones are quite reasonable now and this is a program that I had cought a couple of episodes from a while back and when we found the first season cheap in a charity shop gave it a go. We both loved it and are now on the second series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2741602/

A good idea, and great casting. James Spader is gloriously over the top in his portrayal of Red, a man who will use anybody to get what he wants but still has complete loyalty to his friends.

Super Moderator
    Four episodes to go on series 2 and we have series 3 on order.

WE LOVE THIS THIS!!

We have completely lost track of who is doing what, and to who, and why. We usually finish an episode looking blankly at each other going "huh", "I don`t know, dont ask me" and the urge to look at an overview online is getting really hard to resist.

Super Moderator
    Posted by Whiterook:

OMG...I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so amazing I am seeing this tonight because, I stalled on it with hockey season, which is going into Finals next week, and planned to binge watch it over my 5-day Memorial Day vacation starting this weekend. I have Season 3 and 4 episodes on DVR!!!

Actually, I am man enough to admit this....I've had a man-crush on James Spader going back to Stargate. He was awesome in Boston Legal. Man, I used to tell my wife, I want to be james Spader when I grow up! He is one of the most witty humans I have ever seen, and a wonderfully quirky personality he brings to every role.

Anyway, yes yes yes, this is in my Top 3 Favorite TV shows. It's one of the ones that I find I am on the edge of my seat quickly, and mouth agape soon thereafter! Love it!

Super Moderator
    Posted by Whiterook.

I'm now binge watching this show trying to catch up....

So, the bad news is, my DVR had the real early episodes now needing payment for...$2.99 each. I hate this shit! You pay for satellite and they still want more money. Anyway, the good news was I'd seen most of them. What was was missing was Season 3, episodes 19-20whatever. Episdoe 18 ended with a HUGE shocker and I was literally mouth agape!

Back to the bad news...I am missing Season 4 episode 1; I have episode 2; and then I am missing episodes 3-9, and 13. F*ing eh!

So I started watching episode 2 of season 4, and see some answers to where I'd just left off earlier tonite; and big holes to be patched up hopefully in reruns somewhere down the line. This is kinda weird, as it's tought to patch things together now, but once I start episode 14, I'll be on track again. Dang....I may just need to buy this dang series!!!

Super Moderator
    Posted by 50th.

I used to have a sci-fi movie on DVD that James Spader was in when he was younger. It was called Supernova and was from the year 2000. I didn't really care for it that much and either gave it away, or lost it in moving when I got married. It was one of those "killer runs amok on a space ship" movies. I also used to watch a lot of Boston Legal because it had another one of my favorite stars, William Shatner. I thought it was a good series. I really haven't gotten into the Blacklist, except the first season. I follow too many TV series and that was one that you really didn't want to miss any episodes. There were so many plot twist in that one that I got away from it because there is something else on that I like when that one is on.

Super Moderator
    We have the first three seasons on dvd, finding them surprisingly cheaply, and have watched the first ten episodes of season three, unfortunately season four is not out yet. It is due for release on August 14th, coincidentally just three days before my birthday, I might start dropping some hints about that

Ron, I know what you mean about Shatner, there is no way you can say he is a great actor, but if you can find him a role where he can basically be himself he is unbeatable.

Super Moderator
    Ron, you have a lot to answer for :lol: , we have just finished series 1 of Boston Legal and have started series 2. The pairing of Spader and Shatner was inspired, the writing is great and the chemistry between them makes you believe they really enjoyed working together.

Super Moderator
    Posted by 50th.

Frank wrote:
    Ron, you have a lot to answer for :lol: , we have just finished series 1 of Boston Legal and have started series 2. The pairing of Spader and Shatner was inspired, the writing is great and the chemistry between them makes you believe they really enjoyed working together.

I did watch Boston Legal because of the partnership of Shatner and Spader. I didn't watch The Blacklist after the first season. But everything you said about Boston Legal was correct. At first they made the Denny Crane look like a man that was slipping toward dementia. I liked that he came back stronger later on.

Super Moderator
    Frank wrote:
    It`s official. I now have a new fictional hero in Raymond Reddington.

This is how I started this thread and I now feel I need to update it.

It`s official, I now have two new fictional hero`s in Raymond Reddington and Alan Shore.

Huge similarities between these characters which you have to put down to Spader`s input. It probably helps that Shore and I share a hell of a lot of beliefs so I can really get behind the character. The double act between him and Shatner is great, the fact that they can represent such wildly differing viewpoints but still share an unconditional respect for each other is great.

Super Moderator
    Posted by Whiterook.

So that explains part of why I feel such kinship for you, Frank! Alan Shore is inspirational in all facets. Yes, the pairing with Bill Shatner was one of the best duos on TV in history of TV. As you follow through Boston Legal, it gets really poignant is a story line that shows the characters have immense love for one another. For male characters, seeing that kind of bond in friendship and brotherhood is awesome!

I'm about caught up on Blacklist, and have Blacklist Redemption on tap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast